• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need help coming up with registered name

anniemac

Name my dog! Winner gets bragging rights.

I know Ella is almost 5 and the ckcsc USA application in ellas puppy packet is from 2006 but if I never sent it in because I had a hard time picking a registered name.

I have all her information so I'm not sure if its too late, but in order to join I have to give her registered name. Someone will help with all those details.

She came from a place near the ocean and family names are some flowers in them but I want to keep the sea theme.

Pawleys island (people say is arragently shabby) is something I like to be theme.

I don't know.... please help.

All ideas are welcome

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Btw my dog I got as a child had the lovely name "Anne's flip flop"

Terrible

Liking the coastal :) I have no idea but can check. I don't know if you still have mother's lineage but I imagine something similar.

Is Ella registered with AKC and now you want to also register her with CKCSC? Exactly what form are you trying to submit? Is it this one:
--------------------------------------------------------
Register an Individual Dog from Registries Accepted By The CKCSC, USA, INC

Important:
Registering AKC dogs with CKCSC, USA

Please send a clear copy of the 3 generation AKC COLOR pedigree (obtainable from AKC for a fee) and a copy of the registration certificate that lists you as the owner of the dog, along with a signed Foreign Dog Application that you can download below and the fee for each dog is $100 for members and $200 for non members. Revised 05/2006
-------------------------------------------------------

If so, you must use her AKC registered name and submit a copy of her AKC registration certificate showing you as the owner and a copy of her AKC 3 generation pedigree form. You can't change her name.

Pat

Those are pretty :) I'm into what names mean. Rupert means "bright light" I looked up my favorite Iris which I thought had a special meaning. Wisdom, hope, courage .. I'm liking that for Ella but it doesn't sound good together

Yours was better

Or.....maybe you mean that you are trying to join CKCSC as a member since you said "in order to join I have to give her registered name"........

If that is what you are trying to do, you must use Ella's CKCSC registered name (chosen when her breeder registered the litter) on your membership application. Again, you can't change her registered name.

I looked at the CKCSC site (and saw that my kennel affix is still listed!) but the membership forms aren't able to be viewed so I'm not certain of current rules. But, old rules were that you must have a CKCSC registered Cavalier to be a regular member and if you didn't, you could join as an associate member. But, only regular members could vote; associate members could not vote. Anyone know if that is still true or has that changed?

Tell us exactly what you are trying to do and we can be helpful. But don't spend a lot of time coming up with a name until you are clear on what you are trying to do!

Pat

Pat

Those are pretty :) I'm into what names mean. Rupert means "bright light" I looked up my favorite Iris which I thought had a special meaning. Wisdom, hope, courage .. I'm liking that for Ella but it doesn't sound good together

Yours was better

I have all of Ella's pedigree information but the breeder did not give her a registered name. She said that I should pick one that incorporates her name. I am going to a dog show this weekend with some people that are members of the clubs and one is very familiar with this stuff because I am not sure if it is too late. I have the packet and the CKCSC USA application which she said I had to do but I never did. I want to become a member but did not know if I waited to long or what the process was etc. I don't know the application said about being an associate member or joining the CKCSC of the South. I have no idea and I don't really talk much to my breeder, but I am joining some regional ACKCSC that I don't think you need all of that. I never registered her with the AKC or anything :oops:which I hate to say....

At first I thought the Clubs were only for if you were going to show your dog etc. which now I know it is much more than that. I may only be an associate member or whatever but I want to start somewhere (I guess)...

I can contact the breeder and see if she gave her a registered name. However, someone said this..

Cinder-ella of Sandy Paws

Pat,

My packet had a blank CKCSC USA 2006 new membership application. It did not have any of that information filled in. I have the AKC Reg # of both her parents on the purchase agreement along with both of their pedigrees. She is sold on an AKC "limited registration" and then it says I "can not register her with any other animal registry (UKC, CKC, etc.) without the seller's written consent. Old Cavalier club is fine"

I guess I will see if my breeder will get back to me. With Ella having SM, we have talked some but she does not call me back. I saw her at a show and she did tell me when I first told her about Ella, that she would like to give me another Cavalier when the time is right. It is just strange now.

Pat,

Are you a member of the CKCSC USA? If anyone is, I can image the documents I have if someone would be willing to help me.

Is Ella registered with AKC and now you want to also register her with CKCSC? Exactly what form are you trying to submit? Is it this one:

Important:

Please send a clear copy of the 3 generation AKC COLOR pedigree (obtainable from AKC for a fee) and a copy of the registration certificate that lists you as the owner of the dog, along with a signed Foreign Dog Application that you can download below and the fee for each dog is $100 for members and $200 for non members. Revised 05/2006

If so, you must use her AKC registered name and submit a copy of her AKC registration certificate showing you as the owner and a copy of her AKC 3 generation pedigree form. You can't change her name.

Pat

Pat can you help me because I have both of her parents ckcsc usa pedigrees and from reading the website it said the breeder must register the liter. I asked her and last I heard she is checking on it. She is listed on the website under breeder referrals so I know she is a member and is still in good standings. Why can I not find her or get information?

The reason is I want to become a regular member. I want to understand more and be able to support, help, and have updates and information. I guess I will email the registration contact because she has to be registered? If I am understanding the rules correctly.

Important:

Pat

Pat can you help me because I have both of her parents ckcsc usa pedigrees and from reading the website it said the breeder must register the liter. I asked her and last I heard she is checking on it. She is listed on the website under breeder referrals so I know she is a member and is still in good standings. Why can I not find her or get information?

The reason is I want to become a regular member. I want to understand more and be able to support, help, and have updates and information. I guess I will email the registration contact because she has to be registered? If I am understanding the rules correctly.

Anne,

Are you certain that Ella is not registered already with CKCSC USA? Any breeder-member of CKCSC USA is required to register ALL litters with the club. If your breeder has not done this, she is not a member in good standing with the club as failure to register all litters is a violation of the club code of ethics.

If the breeder truly has not registered this (or other) litters, then you probably will not hear from her. If this litter is not registered, she is in violation of the code of ethics, and there will be a $500 fine in addition to the fees associated with the registration of this (and other) litters. It would be pretty stupid to give you all of the information that was provided (pedigrees of parents, club membership application, etc.) if this litter was not registered. That is giving someone ammunition to cause big problems for the breeder.

You can contact the registration secretary of the club to check on the litter registration. You can file a code of ethics complaint to the ethics committee if the litter was not registered. That is really all that you can do because you will not be able to register an individual dog whose litter should have been registered by the breeder. I don't think they will let you register her as an AKC "import" since the litter should have been registered at birth by the breeder. You have said that both sire and dam are CKCSC registered and the breeder is a member of CKCSC, correct?

If you want to be a regular member and thus have the right to vote at the AGM and on mail ballots, etc., you must own a CKCSC registered Cavalier. To me, the main reason to be a club member would be to have input into the "system."

Pat

Anne,

Are you certain that Ella is not registered already with CKCSC USA? Any breeder-member of CKCSC USA is required to register ALL litters with the club. If your breeder has not done this, she is not a member in good standing with the club as failure to register all litters is a violation of the club code of ethics.

If the breeder truly has not registered this (or other) litters, then you probably will not hear from her. If this litter is not registered, she is in violation of the code of ethics, and there will be a $500 fine in addition to the fees associated with the registration of this (and other) litters. It would be pretty stupid to give you all of the information that was provided (pedigrees of parents, club membership application, etc.) if this litter was not registered. That is giving someone ammunition to cause big problems for the breeder.

You can contact the registration secretary of the club to check on the litter registration. You can file a code of ethics complaint to the ethics committee if the litter was not registered. That is really all that you can do because you will not be able to register an individual dog whose litter should have been registered by the breeder. I don't think they will let you register her as an AKC "import" since the litter should have been registered at birth by the breeder. You have said that both sire and dam are CKCSC registered and the breeder is a member of CKCSC, correct?

If you want to be a regular member and thus have the right to vote at the AGM and on mail ballots, etc., you must own a CKCSC registered Cavalier. To me, the main reason to be a club member would be to have input into the "system."

Pat

Glad you just pointed that out because I got a response from the CKCSC USA about her registration and they said her Dam (mother) only had one puppy in the litter. I know for a fact that there were several boys and the other girl she was keeping to breed. (Which she did). Now the question is she violated the Code of Ethics. I emailed the Secretary to ask what I can do to prove that Ella is not that girl. I have her contract still (thank goodness!)

I know she is in good standing because she is listed under breeder referral on the website. I thought it said that only those in good standing would be listed. I don't still have her communication saying she had boys because at first I thought that was my only choice. She was going to keep both girls but then Ella had some issues with her teeth that would not be good for breeding. Thank goodness since she has severe SM!!

I never blamed my breeder for that but I don't like the fact that I am having a hard time joining and this is the response Ella's breeder said,

"Hi Anne

Good to hear from you, I am not sure she can still be registered, both her parents are registered but it has been four years. I'll see what I can find out and let you know. I will be placing Tiffany in about 2-3 months she is 6 years old and wonderful if you are intested let me know."

I am going to forward that to the secretary also.

Pat,

She actually did register one girl, like I said she kept. Is it unethical or a fine to not give the correct information. According to the Secretary there was only one puppy in the litter. I know there were maybe 4 boys also.... I was too busy holding Ella.

Thanks Pat,

Looks like the club secretary is on it and going to contact her because she said it is a violation of the Code of Ethics. She asked if Ella got her AKC papers which she didn't but now is that my fault? Should I have asked her? It seems like it is up to the Pet Owners to actually bring these issues up because her mom had a big litter and I am not the only one. I wonder what happened to them?

If all you report is correct, the breeder is in violation of the Code of Ethics. She is "a member in good standing" only because the club has not discovered that she is in violation of the Code of Ethics.

Every puppy in a litter must be registered, not just the puppies that you plan to breed and show! The puppies must also be properly transferred to their new owners (more paperwork), and that would not have happened if all the puppies but one were not registered.

Ella may still be able to be registered (the breeder would have to "get right" with the club by admitting her error and paying the fines and filing the proper paperwork), but it can't happen without exposing the code violations of the breeder so the breeder isn't going to pursue this. So, it is up to you as to whether you decide to pursue this.

Pat

Last edited:
Back