• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lola Update :)

AgilityLola

Lola's been home for about 3 1/2 weeks now :) Initially she was very quiet and stayed in her soft crate. But after about 5 days she was back to her old self!

Today she had here staples out and the wound has healed nicely, so you can barely see it :)

63565_472791112262_605812262_5911901_7831706_n.jpg

Though, after her traumatic time at the vets she no longer likes going, which i don't blame her for. But we did manage in the end to get her to calm down to take them out.

She's eating fine now, but doesn't like drinking out of a bowl, so have ordered a fountain so she wont have to bend to drink, plus then she wont dip her ears in it!!

I've also got her blood results back, which i've not been very good at interpreting, so i was wondering if anyone knows what they mean. I know the ones with the asterisks aren't good, but i don't know what they entail.

154184_472790402262_605812262_5911900_6006160_n.jpg

What a sweet picture. I have no idea about the blood test results, but it's just like doctors to give you things like that and not explain anything! Human doctors do it all the time. You could always ring the vet and try and get someone to talk with you about this, after all, you did pay for all of it. :roll:

Good to know your doggy is home and gettin' back to her old self. :-D

Was only wondering today how Lola was doing,as we were at Stone Lion today.

So pleased to hear that she has bounced back and in such a short time as well, she certainly looks peaceful in the picture.

Is she still on medication?

May her remarkable recovery continue :hug: to you both with a big :hug: to Lola.

Was only wondering today how Lola was doing,as we were at Stone Lion.

So pleased to hear that she has bounced back and in such a short time as well, she certainly looks peaceful in the picture.

Is she still on medication?

May her remarkable recovery continue :hug: to you both with a big :hug: to Lola.

She's still on gabapentin but Clare says we can wean her off because it isn't doing anything for her scratching really. it does keep her a bit happier though, because i think she gets a headache from the ventricular dilation thingy. but i suppose that will go now because of the op.

She looks absolutely great. Sorry I can't help you with the blood results either. I'm so happy that she is doing so well. What a nice early Christmas present for you - and for her.

She looks good, glad she is feeling better.

I can help some with the labs but the vet should go over them with you.I can give you a human lab point of view.
Protein is low, been off her food? Also, stress causes the body to need more protien to recover, uses up food and stores. Sick humans need additional nutrition for recovery, not sure how that converts to dogs.

Triglycerides low, a type of fat. Humans related to heart disease when high.

Alt is liver enzyme, check with the vet.

Platelet(blood cell that works with normal clottong cascade) count total is low, but the note at the bottom suggest Lola has the congneital giant platlet syndrome that cavalier have frequently and the total apears normal. I read research that all platelet counts on Cavaliers should be done manually because of this, there are probably links to articles on this board about this.

Hope I helped. Suzanne

She looks good, glad she is feeling better.

I can help some with the labs but the vet should go over them with you.I can give you a human lab point of view.
Protein is low, been off her food? Also, stress causes the body to need more protien to recover, uses up food and stores. Sick humans need additional nutrition for recovery, not sure how that converts to dogs.

Triglycerides low, a type of fat. Humans related to heart disease when high.

Alt is liver enzyme, check with the vet.

Platelet(blood cell that works with normal clottong cascade) count total is low, but the note at the bottom suggest Lola has the congneital giant platlet syndrome that cavalier have frequently and the total apears normal. I read research that all platelet counts on Cavaliers should be done manually because of this, there are probably links to articles on this board about this.

Hope I helped. Suzanne

Thanks :) that helped a lot, i will talk to my vet on Thursday and see what she says about the liver enzyme thing.

Lola's been home for about 3 1/2 weeks now :) Initially she was very quiet and stayed in her soft crate. But after about 5 days she was back to her old self!

That's great to hear but please keep her confined for at least another week or so - ideally you want to confine them for a month, only out for toilet on a lead, particularly NO jumping, especially on and off the sofa etc.

Back