• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ben is 9 Today

James

I better announce that Ben is 9 today or he will be annoyed at me. I cannot believe that it is almost two years since he came to us unexpectedly soon after Toby died.
Here is a photo from the summer of 2009, I call it "The King and his castle"
3707505817_cd663f87e2_z.jpg

Happy Birthday Ben,
He looks wonderful in that photo.That was a quick two years!
Sins

What a lovely photo......he looks very at home in front of his castlecl*p

Happy birthday Ben:hppybdy:

Belated Happy Birthday to Great Uncle Ben with lots of love from Tommy, Lauren and Kayleigh xxx

:hppybdy::hppybdy::hppybdy::hppybdy:

Hope you had a wonderful day and were allowed a few yummies in honour of the special occasion :biggrin:

Looking fantastic - and of course very proud of your home!!

Looking closer that looks suspiciously like Dunrobin castle just down the road from me!! We often walk in the woods there, and can't wait for the bluebells this Spring - they are supposed to be spectacular there.

There is also an unusual and fairly unknown Landseer Painting just above the snooker table on the first floor [if anyone ever has the chance to visit] - it is of the children of one of the Dukes of Sutherland, and they have two dogs with them, a Deerhound and a Cavalier!! So there were Cavaliers here before I arrived LOL

I did have a postcard of it but think I sent it to someone, will need to get some more next year.

I've just found that you can get a poster of it on the Internet -

http://www.easyart.com/scripts/zoom...term=36735&utm_source=affwin&affiliate_id=999

you can actually see the castle in the distance in the background - actually this view of the castle is a famous painting of Landseer's and was sold at auction last year ;)

Last edited:
On behalf of Ben thank you for all the kind comments, I thought that a summer photo would be preferable to one with the current weather, I took it during the only hot week of 2009 when we were on holiday in Portmahomack, in fact it was too hot that day.
To Nicki I found the information about the painting interesting, Sandra was in the castle when Ben and I were walking about the grounds, she never mentioned the it.

Back