PDA

View Full Version : Dried Sweet potato chews

Nicki
17th December 2010, 11:11 AM
I know a few board members have been trying to source these recently, our dogs love them, they last for a while and obviously are very healthy :thmbsup:

I found a company who offer home delivery in the UK for these -

http://www.nelsonspetfoods.com/treats.php

If you e-mail them they will come back to you with a price for delivery.

They also do the Neem chews which are great for keeping teeth clean :thmbsup: [but do not use if you have breeding animals, as Neem is reported to have a contraceptive effect]

AgilityLola
17th December 2010, 11:29 AM
oooh these look great!

Nicki
17th December 2010, 01:29 PM
Yes I think they are wonderful - if you order please can you mention Cavalier Talk? Thank you.

Tania
17th December 2010, 03:57 PM
Ordered some, they are ot of stock but expect a deliivery soon. I am thrilled to have found these as I make them at the moment and they look pretty revolting but taste good :p Fantastic Nicky, thanks for finding this.

Charlifarley
17th December 2010, 04:41 PM
Tania , how do you make them? Do you cook them slowly in the oven to dry them out?
I have some sweet potato in the fridge at the moment, I might try to do something with it for the dogs.

Zumie05
17th December 2010, 06:53 PM
Ohhh sweet potato treats are becoming so popular now! I buy some from a store called Petsmart we have in the US that is a slice of dried sweet potato wrapped around with some dried chicken. Coco goes nuts with those! Probably takes her a good 5 to 10 minutes to eat one. Once I give her one she parades around the house with it in her mouth before settling down to chew it. So cute!

I have also started to see rope toys with sweet potato chunks on them. http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Dog-Treat-Potato-Product/dp/B000Q1ZRYM

I want to try one of those next!

Barbara Hanly
15th February 2011, 11:23 AM
Hi guys, new to the site and just came accross this thread! I make 'Sweet Potato Chews' from home and do mail order for anyone interested. I also make 'Apple' and 'Banana' Chews which are just as yummy and healthy. I only use 100% vegetables and fruit, nothing else added and all Irish made!

If you'd like to order just email me at barbara@petchums.com (barbara@petchums.com) and let me know how many you'd like etc. I have paypal set up so it's all secure. Price is 2.60 per bag and delivery is from between 3.50 to 4.85 depending on weight.

I'm also working on a chicken chew made from 100% chicken breast so if anyone's interested email me and I'll let you know when they're ready to order.

Ps: Opps! don't know how to attach images so here's the link to photobucket http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/a...&current=1.jpg (http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/petchums/?action=view&current=1.jpg)

Woofs & Tail Wags!
Barbara

Brian M
17th February 2011, 10:05 PM
Hi barbara

Will you send me a pm pls for cost d/d Prenton Cheshire for two bags of each ,Poppys got me in a headlock till I send this .:)

Sabby
19th February 2011, 10:03 AM
I used to make my own Sweet Potato treats. All I can say it gives mine terrible wind. icon_blshing

Wagtails
19th February 2011, 03:34 PM
Funny you should say that, Sabby, because I was thrilled to discover these treats (as an alternative to the oh-so-malodorous tripe sticks) but all the girls had rather runny tummies the next day, so I haven't placed an order, sadly. :-?

GoodDoggie
19th February 2011, 06:14 PM
I get the petchums ones from the shop,wish I could say their a chew,but thier devoured in seconds.

They always go down a treat and she does handstands whent hey come out of the bag :jmp:GIMME!

Barbara Hanly
19th February 2011, 06:27 PM
Hey Brian, tell Poppy we will get do our very best to get those sweet potato chews delivered to her as quick as possible!

Thanks gooddoggie, we're delighted yours is liking Petchums chews so much.. hearing from happy owners makes our job all the more worth while :) Big woofs!

Barbara Hanly
21st February 2011, 03:56 PM
Hi Brian, many thanks for your order. Chews are on their way over to you... hope they enjoy :)

Brian M
21st February 2011, 04:15 PM
Hello Barbara

Many thanka ,I will ask Pops to do a written report on scrumptiousness .:)

Barbara Hanly
22nd February 2011, 03:18 PM
Hello Barbara

Many thanka ,I will ask Pops to do a written report on scrumptiousness .:)

'Scrumptiousness' what a great word.. might have to borrow that one!