• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Link Between Giant Platelets and MVD Being Studied

RodRussell

Dr. Mark Oyama, veterinary cardiologist at the University of Pennsylvania, is studying a possible link between cavaliers' giant platelets and the extremely high incidence mitral valve disease in the breed. He has established already that cavaliers have elevated levels of serotonin. He hypothesizes that serotonin signaling is an important component of MVD in dogs. Platelets are believed to contain 99% of all serotonin circulating in the blood.

Read more at http://tinyurl.com/22w3bc9

LINK BETWEEN GIANT PLATELETS and MVD BEING STUDIED.

Dr. Mark Oyama, veterinary cardiologist at the University of Pennsylvania, is studying a possible link between cavaliers' giant platelets and the extremely high incidence mitral valve disease in the breed. He has established already that cavaliers have elevated levels of serotonin. He hypothesizes that serotonin signaling is an important component of MVD in dogs. Platelets are believed to contain 99% of all serotonin circulating in the blood.

Read more at http://tinyurl.com/22w3bc9

LINK BETWEEN GIANT AND MVD BEING STUDIED

It has also been Researched that Platelets drop when the Parvo Vaccine is Given, could there be also a Link in this and the CKCS MVD Problem.

Bet

"It has also been Researched that Platelets drop when the Parvo Vaccine is Given, could there be also a Link in this and the CKCS MVD Problem."

No.

Pat

"It has also been Researched that Platelets drop when the Parvo Vaccine is Given, could there be also a Link in this and the CKCS MVD Problem."

No.

Pat

Dr Pedersen ,Cardiologist in Finland said that this could be worth -while looking into.

Bet

"Dr Pedersen ,Cardiologist in Finland said that this could be worth -while looking into."

I'll watch for his (or other cardiologist/s) published paper in a veterinary journal or reference in veterinary textbook or presentation at veterinary conference or discussion on VIN or other veterinary website.

Pat

Link between giant platelets and mvd being studied

"Dr Pedersen ,Cardiologist in Finland said that this could be worth -while looking into."

I'll watch for his (or other cardiologist/s) published paper in a veterinary journal or reference in veterinary textbook or presentation at veterinary conference or discussion on VIN or other veterinary website.

Pat

LINK BETWEEN GIANT PLATELETS AND MVD BEING STUDIED.

If I could pass on the Information I have found out about the Cavaliers and their Platelets .

Here Goes.

In the 1990's Dr Pedersen ,a Cardiologist in Finland ,wrote a Veterinary Paper after he had discovered that Cavaliers had Fewer Platelets than other Dog Breeds ,and advised that the Cavaliers' Platelets should be being counted Manually,

I contacted him after Dr Lars Giger had published a Veterinary Paper saying that that the Platelet Count drops when the Parvo Vaccine is given, wondering whether this could be affecting our Cavaliers and their MVD Problem.

Dr Pedersen got back to me saying that this might be worth while Investigating , I don't whether he ever did or not.

It is also a Fact that when the Parvo Vaccine is given ,the Dog developes a Temperature ,I have tried to find out if this could be why some Cavaliers ,already with MVD ,within a Month of having their Parvo Vaccine ,their Heart Condition suddenly worsend and they had died shortly after-wards.

Was it the rise in their Temperature after the Parvo Vaccine being given that had caused this,I only know I have collected about 100 Cavaliers' Pedigrees of Cavaliers already Suffering from MVD that this had Happened to.

There are some Vets giving Medication to counter-act this for Cavaliers.

I think it is a Homo-pathic Medicine.

Bet

Back