PDA

View Full Version : Pet barrier for front doors: great idea

Karlin
27th December 2010, 05:18 PM
I love this -- for anyone wanting to be extra safe when opening their front door:

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product/the-pet-barrier.do

And it's on sale.

Mindysmom
27th December 2010, 08:50 PM
That is a good idea - then you have a chance to get the dog(s) settled before you open all the way. We have a gate in our front entrance but that depends on me getting to it first or sending the dogs behind it before I open the door.

ByFloSin
27th December 2010, 09:28 PM
What a fantastic idea - pity we don't have anything like it here though, as I see it's in the USA.

I wonder if there is some enterprising person reading this with the know how and manufacturing capability to make this somewhere in England? Could be a winner.

*Pauline*
27th December 2010, 10:33 PM
I wondered how easy this would be to detach so I looked on youtube.

THE PET BARRIER. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDIVEM1bYw)

Cathy T
30th December 2010, 05:08 PM
What a good idea. When training Micah I kept an x-pen around our front entry (inside the house) so that when I opened the front door I just stepped over the x-pen and the pups were on the other side. I have a friend who had a beautiful wrought iron gate put up around her front door.

Lani
30th December 2010, 05:31 PM
I have the dogs' crate near the door, so whenever anyone comes to the door I yell "go to your bed" before opening it. They know that means a treat so they scatter fast to their crate!! I just close the crate before opening the door.

That works fine unless someone else is at your place and opens the door to distribute Halloween candy to a 2 year old Wonder Woman. (we didn't have anyone escape, but let's just say that Wonder Woman will probably now have a lifelong fear of dogs ... :sl*p:)

Furrfoot
30th December 2010, 08:18 PM
Looks like you could figure something out with a rollup window shade if you were creative, lol ;) . Looks like a good idea, especially when they're young and still training, or getting old and deaf...hmmmm...

tara
31st December 2010, 04:54 AM
I now have this on both the front door and the door going out to the garage. The other doors leading to outside go to a fenced in area. After Holly's accident I know you can never be "too safe!" This was easy to install and works very well, especially in a house with children.