PDA

View Full Version : New Year Wish - One Wish Each

Brian M
28th December 2010, 02:32 PM
Hi

What one thing would members wish for in 2011 ,the girls will donate £5.00 each total donation of £20.00 to Rupert's Fund for the best wish picked out by Nikki, and four sloppy licks first class post and with a closing date of Midnight 31 st Dec and remember only one wish each .

My wish after the last few months has to be "Good health for all the girls"

Thanks
Brian and
Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily

Nicki
28th December 2010, 03:30 PM
What a lovely idea Brian, I will of course be thrilled to judge...so let's get going with the wishes :-D

anniemac
28th December 2010, 04:06 PM
Brian you rascal you!!! You got a good one. Let me think more because I want a really good one. I saw this Youtube clip that made me ball called Just One Dog. You can look it up but it is about how one action can lead to great things so I want to think and my brain is fried but I'm in.:wggle:

Reptigirl
28th December 2010, 09:46 PM
If I had one wish it would be:

"I wish that this coming year (2011) they find some kind of medical advancement to help improve the lives of our Cavaliers already living with SM."

I obviously it would be nice if there was no SM but I'm thinking rationally. I know we have great surgery and medications but I wish there was more. I see how rapidly Flash has progressed. They have increased his meds 3 times and he still has small episodes daily. He still has good days and bad days. I know surgery is our next option and we will be looking into that come the new year. I hate not knowing what the right decision will be. He is only 8 months old and I'm scared of the surgery.

Karen and Ruby
29th December 2010, 12:04 AM
My wish for 2011 is probably un obtainable but then I supose thats why its known as a wish:

Ruby, Charlie and I wish that Sales of Puppies in Pet Shop/Pet Supermarkets can be out lawed completely!

Can you imagine a country with no Puppies in Shops- I have a tear in my eye at just the thought, God knows it would be a much better time to live in :rolleyes:

waldor
29th December 2010, 12:41 AM
My wish is that every dog and cat born will have a good, loving home.

anniemac
29th December 2010, 12:51 AM
My wish is that every dog and cat born will have a good, loving home.

That's a good one. I can't bear to have any dog, cat suffer or heaven forbid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

anniemac
29th December 2010, 12:52 AM
I wish for a huge boat, house, j/k

Brian M
29th December 2010, 11:14 PM
Hi

There must be loads more wishes out there or are you a happy with your lot.:)

Nicki
29th December 2010, 11:20 PM
At the moment I'm wishing I wasn't so cr*p with technology, it's just taken me 1/2 hour to change my avatar :mad::mad::mad:

BTW If anyone would like the Rupert's Fund auction cartoon as their avatar for the next few days, to put on Facebook etc, please e-mail me rupertsfundrecipes@idnet.com

[don't even mention PMs!!!] Anyone who's tried to PM me recently will need the patience of a saint :o but I will get there - eventually!! Sorry have spent this evening sorting out auction stuff and book recommendations [my "nice" something for the evening!!]

Anyway I'm hijacking Brian's thread here sorry...I will put my "real" wish at the end after I've finished judging...not an easy task icon_nwunsure, some wonderful wishes already :D

sins
29th December 2010, 11:26 PM
I wish that Desrae will invent a strawberry cheesecake that will reverse weight gain...
I'd like a teenage daughter who doesn't do hysteria,
a pillow that doesn't hurt my neck,
and a cavalier who can resist the taste of shoe leather.
Sins

Nicki
29th December 2010, 11:46 PM
Well you've made me laugh :lol::lol::lol:

anniemac
30th December 2010, 02:25 AM
I wish that Desrae will invent a strawberry cheesecake that will reverse weight gain...
I'd like a teenage daughter who doesn't do hysteria,
a pillow that doesn't hurt my neck,
and a cavalier who can resist the taste of shoe leather.
Sins

What cheesecake doesn't make you lose weight. Is that why my pants don't fit :)

anniemac
30th December 2010, 02:40 AM
I wish that everyone on CT, Facebook, twitter etc. Would spread the awareness of Cavalier health. Either by emails, blogs, twitter, Facebook.

We have an active blogger wanting to do a week long event on SM. She wants other bloggers, more people, to have an awareness week. She is going to start with what it is, then post symptoms, personal stories, end with research. I have seen what she can do (pedigree has sponsored her) with this type of thing.

Have you seen the just one dog YouTube video. If one person emails another, then they several more, etc. Then we can reach people.

My wish is for anyone to do one thing. Give a vet information etc. Any bloggers or others please participate if you can

Zumie05
30th December 2010, 03:21 AM
My new years pet wish is that I wish people would research before buying a pure bred animal. A little bit of reading around can save so much heartache, pain, euthanasias, and abandonment.

For myself this year I wish to get Coco to turn out to be a nice young lady, she seems to be a rascly little teenager these days and sometimes doesn't feel like listening@ *sigh*

tara
30th December 2010, 05:21 AM
My personal wish is that my kids -- both furry and human -- never experience a negative moment in their lives. Holly's wish is that I'd make the opening to the cat's litter box a bit larger. Bridgette's (the cat) wish is that the four year old human here would finally start all day kindergarten. Oh, and my husband's wish is that we hadn't dropped our pet insurance right before Holly's accident!

anniemac
30th December 2010, 06:37 AM
Can I change my wish? I really wish someone would clean my apartment and pack everything up (labeled) because I have not started. Dad coming tomorrow and I've done nothing. Selling my condo to rent a place on the first floor for Ella.

I really did nothing to prepare for him to come. Wish fairy come tonight please!

This is just today's wish. The other remajns

Sabby
30th December 2010, 06:33 PM
My dog related wish is: No more Puppy Farms anywhere in the world. Could you imagine what difference it would make?

My personal wish is to finally get a job after being at home for a year. (Itís getting desperate financially)
And when I lost my other 3 stones next year to get my knee replacements and not to be told that know I lost all my weight I am too young and have to wait until I am over 50.

Wagtails
30th December 2010, 09:28 PM
My wish would be for a total ban on the sale of FIREWORKS to the general public - only public displays on fixed dates to be allowed.

At a stroke, there would be no more injuries to children or animals, no more terrified pets, no more frightened farm animals, no more displaced and petrified wildlife.

Will my wish come true in 2011?

Meanwhile a Very Happy and Peaceful New Year to you and all your poocheshttp://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Christmas%20animations/HappyNewYearwhiteterriers-1.gif

Margaret C
31st December 2010, 01:49 AM
My wish for 2011 is that pet owners and breeders will come together and play their
part in giving cavaliers a healthier future.

Lani
31st December 2010, 02:33 AM
Of course I wish for no more puppy mills, an end to SM, that Lucky and Sparky and all our dogs live long healthy lives with no heart issues.

But, more personally ... Lucky and Sparky are both getting dentals next week. I'm spending my Christmas bonus on them since I know that heart issues can be caused by bad teeth ... but my WISH is that our dental bill comes in at the minimum of $400 (EACH!!!) and that I get back a nice chunk of the bill from our insurance so I can buy me something nice too. :)

Bet
31st December 2010, 10:30 AM
Of course I wish for no more puppy mills, an end to SM, that Lucky and Sparky and all our dogs live long healthy lives with no heart issues.

But, more personally ... Lucky and Sparky are both getting dentals next week. I'm spending my Christmas bonus on them since I know that heart issues can be caused by bad teeth ... but my WISH is that our dental bill comes in at the minimum of $400 (EACH!!!) and that I get back a nice chunk of the bill from our insurance so I can buy me something nice too. :)

NEW YEAR WISH.

That the DOG ADVISORY COUNCIL will be able to help our Cavalier Breed with the SM and MVD Problems that Afflicts Cavaliers.

Bet

Cathy Moon
1st January 2011, 01:43 AM
My wish for the new year is that each person will have/find something meaningful to focus their efforts and talents on, in order to bring about positive change and to make this world a better place for the living. :flwr:

Brian M
3rd January 2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Nikki

If you will pick a winner pls ,the girls want to send their money off to Rupert's Fund .

Kathleen
3rd January 2011, 02:42 PM
Hope I'm not too late to post....
My wish for humans: May your best day of 2010 be your worst of 2011.
For animals: May you all have a warm home and lots of good food.
Jade's wish: If only I could reach the counter in the kitchen......and open the fridge.:wggle:
Thomas' wish: If only I could be with mum 24/7......:luv:

Tania
3rd January 2011, 03:22 PM
I hope I am not too late.

My wish is a very selfish one.

I wish with ALL my heart that Molly and Dougalls condition does not progress any further.

ByFloSin
3rd January 2011, 03:32 PM
If I'm not too late too:

I wish for an end to puppy farming and indiscriminate dog breeding.

Nicki
4th January 2011, 06:14 PM
Brian, I haven't posted yet as people were still posting wishes [I know it's beyond the closing date but I felt everyone should have the chance to contribute.]

I printed out all the wishes and have been through them all.

TBH they are all SO special and valid that I don't think it is possible to choose between them - they all come from the heart and that is what is so special about this forum, that everyone truly CARES :thmbsup:

So in the circumstances I have decided to declare them all JOINT WINNERS cl*pcl*pcl*p

Hope that is ok with you Brian?

In addition to the sentiments echoed above, and of course my "always" wish for peace for all, can I add my own personal selfish wish? My two girlies are being MRI scanned late this year, and if they are grade A then I hope to breed from at least one of them, to produce puppies who hopefully will have a healthy future...:thmbsup:

Thank you SO much to Poppy, Lily, Rosie and Daisy [and of course Brian!] for their very kind donation to Rupert's Fund, a good start to the year :)

anniemac
5th January 2011, 02:16 AM
My wish for 2011 is that pet owners and breeders will come together and play their
part in giving cavaliers a healthier future.

Luv

Wagtails
5th January 2011, 11:40 AM
So in the circumstances I have decided to declare them all JOINT WINNERS cl*pcl*pcl*p

An excellent choice, if I ,might say so, Nicki!

Thank you SO much to Poppy, Lily, Rosie and Daisy [and of course Brian!] for their very kind donation to Rupert's Fund, a good start to:) the year

Well done, indeed, to Brian and the girls - lovely idea!

anniemac
5th January 2011, 01:07 PM
May all your wishes come true

Brian M
5th January 2011, 01:11 PM
Hello Nicki

Sorry not to have replied earlier but back to chaotic work yesterday and all our sites starting up again and misbehaving laptops at home .

Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie ,Lily and bri think your answer was perfect and we all thank you so the girls little donation is on the way to Rupert's Fund .:)