• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ella's day tomorrow for in depth talk with neurologist along with others

anniemac

As some of you know, I have been struggling about what to do about ella's eye, her future with sm, etc. I set up this appointment so I could talk to both her optomologist and neurologist and also have an in depth visit. Deciding if her future is worth spending money on surgery if its not bothering her etc. So I'm a little scared.

Anyway, since I want to ask him some questions I wanted to know about the mri certificates. Are they an international thing? I know the sm breeding protocol is but I wanted to see if he would show me one.

I know it doesn't really matter for ella grading etc. But I would like others to know. I guess part of me likes having something other than focusing on just her future.

I'm trying to stay positive because he said by her 2nd mri her progression led him to be pestimistic. Prove him wrong! Obviously I see her having a harder time with limb weakness and things are sometimes worse. However he did say he has seen a lot worse than her.

Good thing is she is getting acupuncture. I think I need to have something to to calm me too. I'm going to take photos

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get some useful information to help you with making the right decisions for Ella. It is never easy when our pups are not well. If we could only kiss them and make them better.....

Thanks everyone. I can't sleep at all and I'm really scared b/c I know he will say she is getting worse every minute. I know her eye is definitely not concern tonight but what her future is scares me to death.

Thinking of you today Annie :hug::hug:

I don't know if he would be able to give you a grading under Clare Rusbridge's guidelines but you could ask?

You should have been given a copy of the MRI report though. ALthough not a standard document as such, they contain pretty much similar information.

It's a very hard decision you face, but you are right in getting as much information as possible so that you can make those decisions, and concentrate treatment and finances where they are most needed.

you need to know if her eye is giving her pain or going to give her problems in the near future, and if it can be managed without surgery.

I have had acupuncture in the past for pain management and found it to be very effective [one of very few things that help long term pain management for my Fibromyalgia], so I'm glad it's helping Ella. With SM, it really does need to be done by someone very familiar with the condition.

We are thinking of you today, maybe try to get some Dr Bach Rescue Remedy from teh chemist for you? Will help to keep you calm.

Hi Annie, I'll be thinking of you both today and I hope you get the answers you need. Best of luck to both of you.
:hug:

Her neurologist does the acupuncture for low cost or free with an office visit. Thanks. I'm really worried about someone recently posting about tramadol being temporary and other things.

I'm hope at least I will lose weight

I used to get acupuncture but now Ella. I actually read someone (SM human) saying reiki helped. Found someone here that does pets and humans. Maybe we both need some positive energy.

Thank you all! It means so much to have support. Good news

I made the right decision about her eye. Optometrist said she even w/o current SM concern he does not even know if he would do surgery for his own dog. It looked so much better! Yeah I made a good decision and have that worry gone.

I spoke to neurologist for a good bit but really wanted him to print her MRI scans and how much it progressed. When he went back he said his dad called with a family emergency.

However, the acupuncture helped a bunch. He did not charge me anything for visit and acupuncture b/c he knows my situation.

So I wrote a note on one of tania's cards and gave him a baby Rupert.

So off to vet for a shot (wait I meant I need a shot of something strong ') I do have of course comments about things he said that I will start another thread.

Thanks so much!

Back