PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

MonicaBH
7th January 2011, 12:16 AM
Hello, all!

I am new to the forums today. I joined to learn a little more about his sweet breed before I make a commitment to searching for a breeder. I've been around numerous Cavaliers, but I've never owned one myself. I'm a 30 year old registered veterinary technician from the good ol' US of A.

Right now my "pack" includes Clyde, my 4.5 year old Rottweiler, who is a CGC and registered therapy dog; Zellie, my 8 year old Golden Retriever; Nat, my 11 year old Chow Chow; and StiXxX, my 4-5 year old terrier mutt. We also have five kitties. Clyde was just diagnosed with mitral/tricuspid regurge, mild subaortic stenosis and SVT; he had his Holter removed about 1 hour ago! :shock:

I'm not going to be getting another dog for at least 2-5 years, but wanted to get my toes wet, so to speak, on the breed and some breeders local to me. Plus I can see all of your cute pups by joining this site, and can get my "fix" just fine until it's my time. :badgrin:

Thanks for having me! :)

Margaret C
7th January 2011, 01:45 PM
Hello, all!

I am new to the forums today. I joined to learn a little more about his sweet breed before I make a commitment to searching for a breeder. I've been around numerous Cavaliers, but I've never owned one myself. I'm a 30 year old registered veterinary technician from the good ol' US of A.

Right now my "pack" includes Clyde, my 4.5 year old Rottweiler, who is a CGC and registered therapy dog; Zellie, my 8 year old Golden Retriever; Nat, my 11 year old Chow Chow; and StiXxX, my 4-5 year old terrier mutt. We also have five kitties. Clyde was just diagnosed with mitral/tricuspid regurge, mild subaortic stenosis and SVT; he had his Holter removed about 1 hour ago! :shock:

I'm not going to be getting another dog for at least 2-5 years, but wanted to get my toes wet, so to speak, on the breed and some breeders local to me. Plus I can see all of your cute pups by joining this site, and can get my "fix" just fine until it's my time. :badgrin:

Thanks for having me! :)

Welcome,

That is quite a mixture you have got there.
Rottweilers are magnificent dogs, but I don't know much about them. Are heart problems common in the breed? They certainly are in cavaliers.

Enjoy all the pictures, we have some great photographers among the members here ( but I'm not one of them :()

Best wishes

MonicaBH
7th January 2011, 08:26 PM
Welcome,

That is quite a mixture you have got there.
Rottweilers are magnificent dogs, but I don't know much about them. Are heart problems common in the breed? They certainly are in cavaliers.

Enjoy all the pictures, we have some great photographers among the members here ( but I'm not one of them :()

Best wishes

Yep, we have quite the menagerie. It comes with my job, so to speak.

And unfortunately, yes, heart problems are becoming much more prevalent in Rotties (my heart breed, how ironic). It's sad. I love that I've picked two breeds (Rotties & CKCS) that are genetically predisposed to bad tickers. :sl*p:

I'm off to hunt for pictures. Thanks for the welcome.

Desrae
7th January 2011, 10:21 PM
Wow! What a mix!You're very welcome to the site. I think it's great you are doing your research before you get a cavalier. This is an excellent place to visit. Another good site with a wealth of information is cavaliermatters.org

MonicaBH
9th January 2011, 02:54 AM
Wow! What a mix!You're very welcome to the site. I think it's great you are doing your research before you get a cavalier. This is an excellent place to visit. Another good site with a wealth of information is cavaliermatters.org

Thanks for the link! I plan to stick around and do as much research as possible.

Once it's time, my CKCS will be a companion, therapy dog & hopefully compete in OB trials. :paw::paw::paw: