• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We did it!

tara

I took Holly to her three month post-surgical appointment on Monday. She saw her orthopedic surgeon and neurologist. They did radiographs which revealed complete healing of all fractures. Even better news was that Holly had no arthritic changes since the surgery! The neurologist said Holly has no remaining CP neurologic deficits, which was tremendous news as well.

They were very pleased with the results of our physical therapy work. Holly now walks well on all four legs. If it weren't for the tail amputation, one would never know the trauma Holly endured three months ago. We were given the all clear to resume normal activity and told there is no need to come to the University again for further check-ups.

I am to continue Adequan injections once a month for the remainder of Holly's life. Her surgeon said she may have some arthritis in the right hip as the years go by, but there is nothing to do now except keep Holly in good physical condition and watch for signs of any changes.

I am beyond thrilled that we made it through this ordeal. Just three months ago, I didn't know whether Holly would be able to use the bathroom on her own, or walk again on all four legs. Her recovery has been a lot of work, but I am so grateful that we got such wonderful results. I'm going to take pictures of Holly now, then post a photo of her when she first came home from surgery and at the start of our PT work. The changes are really something!! I'll post them once I can get over my technical limitations:eek:.

Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement over the last three months!! This is a wonderful community.

Wow what a trooper! So glad to hear she is well :) I must have missed the thread hearing about what happened to the poor gal?

Tears of joy here Tara, those of us who have been following Holly's story from the accident have been in awe of your hard work and dedication, and the love you have shown - and we are just absolutely over the moon to hear this fantastic news :jmp2::jmp2:

I can't imagine how hard this was for you, to see the results of the accident every day, and to live with it - and even moreso, to share it with us - but it was a timely reminder to us all of how easily and quickly these things happen.

You are all in our thoughts, and we hope taht Holly will continue getting stronger. It might be worth trying a magnetic therapy collar for her to help too [ I have seen brilliant results from them for arthritis, even my vet was impressed - and stunned!! - when I lent her one for her own dog. It has to be a good quality one though, not sure if you have the BIOFLOW ones there?

The Whole Dog Journal recommends a diet low in carbohydrate [basically no grains], also avoiding tomatoes to help with arthritis, worth looking into https://secure.whole-dog-journal.com/ppv/default.html?product_id=20050

Take care and give Holly a special :hug: from her admirers and supporters across the waters!

:w*w:A Wonderful little Cavalier & a Wonderful Owner

cl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*p

Well done Holly and well done you for putting all the hard work in that made her recovery possible.:flwr:

How wonderful to have this news for the start of the New Year. Well done Holly and well done Tara and family. You all deserve medals! Just goes to show what TLC and determination can do.

I just read the rest of Holly's story, and now I can really understand how amazing she is!

Back