PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Kong toy

Paulette
10th January 2011, 06:13 PM
Hi again not sure I have posted in the right section?
Anyway I have bought for Ruby some Kong toys as a friend recommended them anyway she loves them and I have put in the odd kong biscuit to fit, question is...as she eats them far too quickly and I dont want to give her too many I have been looking at the ziggie which is a again a chew stick type thing which you put inside the kong toy, which I hope will keep her a bit more satified and occupied for longer, has anyone on here used them or any feedback on them or suggestions of something similar? I understand she is only 8 weeks and a lot of things are only suitable for 12 weeks+

Nicki
10th January 2011, 07:17 PM
The Rupert's Fund recipe book has lots of ideas for stuffing a kong :biggrin:

You can get it here

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?36067-Rupert-s-Fund-recipe-book-ORDERS!!

What you are feeding your puppy? You can often use the kong to dispense their meals.

Have you downloaded the Ian Dunbar books [free]? He also goes at length into the use of Kongs

http://dogstardaily.com/free-downloads

Paulette
10th January 2011, 10:41 PM
Briefly reading it says I can stuff the kong with some of her food that she has as I already soften it with water should just stuff right in! that should keep her happier and give her more to chew on, I hope they rinse out well when it has been finished with!

nicola
10th January 2011, 11:45 PM
You can stuff all sorts of things in the kongs and them freeze the whole kong. This way it lasts longer as it takes the dog longer to get the treats out!

Paulette
12th January 2011, 05:45 PM
You can stuff all sorts of things in the kongs and them freeze the whole kong. This way it lasts longer as it takes the dog longer to get the treats out!
Tell me more!

Lani
12th January 2011, 05:56 PM
Dogs love peanut butter and it takes them a while to get it out from way inside the Kong. Takes even longer if you freeze it. :)

Nicki
12th January 2011, 11:25 PM
Make sure you only use organic peanut butter though, as peanuts are one of the most heavily pesticided crops.

Zumie05
13th January 2011, 09:17 PM
I fill the kong about 3/4 with a mixture of her dry kibble and some treats, and then seal it all in with peanut butter or some wet dog food. Keeps her good and busy :)

Paulette
13th January 2011, 11:58 PM
I fill the kong about 3/4 with a mixture of her dry kibble and some treats, and then seal it all in with peanut butter or some wet dog food. Keeps her good and busy :)

I have just been giving a quick squirt of the spray kong stuff no wonder its gone so quickly, today I gave her a carrot as the vet said it was ok, that took her ages to make a mess and seemed to occupy her better.
It just I worry about giving too many "treats"
I wonder what age you can give them one of those dried bones type things? Not sure what they all are, have seen some things at the pet store.