• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on eye surgery/dry eye syndrome

Jane P

Dylan had to have emergency eye surgery in September to try to heal corneal ulcers caused by undiagnosed dry eye syndrome. One eye was so severe it looked like he would probably lose it.

Today I took him for his final post operative check up with the ophthalmologist and the news is good! :rah: His right eye has healed perfectly and he has normal vision in it. The left eye had to have a corneal graft and this has also healed really well. He even has some vision in this eye although it is blurry and the eye looks cloudy.

He had another tear test done and both eyes were 18 so that is also under control and responding well to the medication.

I am so pleased with my brave little man.:luv:

Wow, thats a big improvement. Well done both of you. :rah:
I'm sure a lot of your hard work has gone into getting Dylan in such good shape again.

That absolutely fantastic Jane. Well done :rah:

My Holly Poppet's tear test is due next week. Fingers crossed that she is still okay.

Can't tell you how pleased we were here to see this good news, Jane. After all you and Dylan went through, it makes a warm glow on a dull day to hear how well he has recovered.

Well done to both of you and let's hope he stays well from now on

Cheerleaderpoogs.gif
Cheerleaderpoogs.gif

Thanks everyone. It certainly was a huge relief to hear the hard works paid off and he's doing well.

My Holly Poppet's tear test is due next week. Fingers crossed that she is still okay.

I really hope you get a good result with dear little Holly Poppet next week. :xfngr: Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks everyone. It certainly was a huge relief to hear the hard works paid off and he's doing well.

I really hope you get a good result with dear little Holly Poppet next week. :xfngr: Please let us know how you get on.

This is really embarrasing: Holly's appointment is in my diary for next Wednesday, but this morning I had a call from the vet's nurse to ask if I would mind if Holly had a free health check from a veterinary student before her tear count is done this afternoon. After picking myself up off the floor I said that would be fine, not letting on that I must be such an idiot that I put the appointment in for the wrong week :sl*p:

Just managed to get Holly organised and off to the surgery in time after the call. The student was absolutely on the ball, giving Holly a really good MOT. I was amazed that she knew that Holly's fused toes on her double paw are a throwback to a King Charles ancestor somewhere way back in her breeding.

With my wholehearted agreement she then did the tear count, but under the supervision of one of the usual vets. Not quite the 20 and 22 she had 6 months ago but 18 and 19, which both ladies were pleased with, not so with Holly though, who told us all in no uncertain terms that that was no way to treat a 'little poppet'.

There's another piece of good news too, a little bonus in fact - Holly is still clear of MVD, notwithstanding that both vets listened intently expecting to find one. cl*p

This is really embarrasing: Holly's appointment is in my diary for next Wednesday, but this morning I had a call from the vet's nurse to ask if I would mind if Holly had a free health check from a veterinary student before her tear count is done this afternoon. After picking myself up off the floor I said that would be fine, not letting on that I must be such an idiot that I put the appointment in for the wrong week :sl*p:

Just managed to get Holly organised and off to the surgery in time after the call. The student was absolutely on the ball, giving Holly a really good MOT. I was amazed that she knew that Holly's fused toes on her double paw are a throwback to a King Charles ancestor somewhere way back in her breeding.

With my wholehearted agreement she then did the tear count, but under the supervision of one of the usual vets. Not quite the 20 and 22 she had 6 months ago but 18 and 19, which both ladies were pleased with, not so with Holly though, who told us all in no uncertain terms that that was no way to treat a 'little poppet'.

There's another piece of good news too, a little bonus in fact - Holly is still clear of MVD, notwithstanding that both vets listened intently expecting to find one. cl*p

Lol! That's the sort of thing I would do!

Fantastic news though she certainly deserves it with all she has to go through. :rah::rah: Bless Holly Poppet, she sounds a right little character. :)

Back