• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

One more member til we reach 5,000 registered members.

That is so exciting Karlin!!!

Congratulations on reaching this milestone!!! I'm sure it's a very rewarding number after all the long hours, love & hard work you've put into making this site the go-to resource for Cavalier owners all over the world (y)

Congratulations!!

I must say that I am so very glad I found this site. I have been almost addicted reading all the current and past posts and it has been a tremendous source of information. The camaraderie, kindness and helpfulness amongst the members is inspiring!

May the site grow and grow and may our beloved Cavaliers go from strength to strength as a breed!

Well done to all those behind the scenes for all their hard work and dedication.

cl*p:rah:

And today we are on 5,000!

When I set up this board in March 2005 -- March 11 at 01.54 am to be precise is when we went live and I made the first welcome post -- I thought we'd maybe get a couple of hundred people at most, interested in talking about their cavaliers. The main reason for setting it up was to focus on 1) rescue 2) breed health issues, providing information and support and 3) general breed welfare. Those areas have remained central to Cavaliertalk as we approach our 6th anniversary but of course there's lots more too from competitions to puppy pictures to off topic chat. :)

Thanks to all who make the board what it is -- the members. I provide the shell -- the software and hosting space -- and am ably helped by our moderators in creating a community that I think the majority can enjoy. I delete out the majority of spam applications (about a fourth of weekly registrations are spammers who get past my numerous spam filters at registration and have to be deleted by hand -- where much of my admin time goes each week :rolleyes:), so 5,000 represents real people with an interest in this breed, signing up over the years to read the board and often, to actively participate. :D

The vast majority of all board memberships are quiet readers rather than posters, but the people who participate and post get special kudos :flwr: because it is you help build the vast archive of posts we now have dated back over nearly six years. It is these posts -- archived and searchable -- plus the daily chat that brings in a huge readership of over 10,000 unique visitors a month.... Although I am sure a few of you must wish there was less to read, when you find yourself looking at a video or reading about dog foods at 2am...:rolleyes:

Congratulations Karlin! There is a reason why this forum is so awesome, the people. Not only do you along with others have so much helpful information but the support and welcome is truly "cavalierish".

Thank you so much for creating a place to get advice, support, and have fun.

Now are You going to take a break j/k we need You

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CONGRATULATIONS this is fantastic news!! b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*
5,004 today!! :cool:

I was here from the very early days [2 days after it started!], and have seen the board develop and grow - it was nice in a way when there were fewer active members as I knew almost everyone and could follow their stories, but it is WONDERFUL to have so many people who are interested and care about our beloved breed - whatever their interest.

We have such a broad spectrum of people - those who have Cavaliers as beloved companions, some who do agility, heelwork to music, obedience, conformation showing, even some breeders; many rescue dogs and people who are kind enough to help with either the practical aspects of rescue [and that help is very necessary] or financially support rescue; and of course many wonderful people who help with raising awareness of the health problems which affect our lovely dogs. Those who are dealing with health issues, whether a minor problem or living with chronic conditions on a daily basis, appreciate the support, friendship and information they find through the board.

I think this is what makes it such a wonderful community - that we do have diverse interests and can learn from and support each other.

I know the board has become a huge part of my life - 7,240 posts later I still love it here! There are days when it is rather stressful, and many times I sit here clutching a Kleenex, I become very attached to many of the Cavaliers here, especially when I have followed their stories and there is a huge sadness when they leave us [have been there too many times myself :(] but I can't imagine not being a member - and hope that Karlin won't kick me out just yet!! :lol:

The board is incredibly well managed - I can't remember the last time I saw a spam post [unlike many other forums] and I'm very grateful to Karlin for the time, money and dedication she puts into the board. She keeps it a safe place for us to be and I think it does still have some of that cosy atmosphere.

It is wonderful that the board members have been so supportive of both Karlin's rescue [Irish Cavalier Rescue] and of late, Rupert's Fund - both causes very close to my heart. Rupert's Fund has truly been an inspiration for me personally [it was named after my Rupert], and obviously for many other people, as the money raised in such as short time is nothing short of phenomenal.

I wonder how things will have developed and who will still be here when we reach the 10,000 member milestone? :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS this is fantastic news!! b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*
5,004 today!! :cool: I wonder how things will have developed and who will still be here when we reach the 10,000 member milestone? :lol:

Well the way new registrations are increasing in recent weeks, we'll be at 10,000 in no time at all!!

Just wanted to add my congratulations and sincere thanks to Karlin, the moderators, and all those who post so regularly with their informed advice and kindly support.

2 a.m. wouldn't be the same without you!
Countingsheeppoog.gif
Congratulations.gif
Wow.gif

Back