PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Cavalier Male in Dogs Trust Ireland

lorebringer
16th January 2011, 09:46 AM
9 year old Blenheim male in Dogs Trust in Dublin.

http://www.dogstrust.ie/dogs-for-rehoming/
"Gizmo" - at the top of the page.

Nicki
16th January 2011, 11:39 AM
Poor old fellow, looks very lost and confused :(

Wagtails
16th January 2011, 03:16 PM
Oh poor old chap - he does look downhearted, doesn't he?

Wasn't it Sonia (Dublin) who went to work at DT Ireland? Are you still there, Sonia. Any news of Gizmo?

Dublin
25th January 2011, 05:51 PM
Hey guys,

I dont know if any of you have seen but we have a lovely old guy looking for his forever home at Dogs Trust (Dublin).

http://www.dogstrust.ie/dogs-for-rehoming/

Gizmo is a 10 year old male (neutered) Blen, he's a fab boy, loves other dogs & cats - is looking for a home with kiddies over the age of 10. He does have an enlarged heart which currently does not require medication but he is diabetic & because of this he needs insulin injections at 12 hour intervals as well as a special diet (& no treats :( - except cuddles!!). Because of his diabetes DT will pay towards the medication & diet when he is adopted - this would need to be discussed with our veterinary team & management.

If anyone is interested please come up to the centre (Old Ashborne Road, Finglas - just off junction 5 M50) - open every day except Tuesdays between 12pm & 4pm & fill in one of our rehoming questionaires.

Dublin
25th January 2011, 05:59 PM
Soz only just saw the post here after I posted Giz's details!

We do still have Gizmo, I have to say that is a bloody awfull photo we have on our site - I might have a word with marketing & see if we can get it changed!

Giz is of course my very favourite dog in DT - not that im biased or anything!!

If you read my post '10 year old blenheim male @ Dogs Trust' I have all his details up on there.

lorebringer
25th January 2011, 06:03 PM
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?36970-10-Year-Old-Blemheim-Male-Dogs-Trust-%28Dublin%29

;)

Dublin
25th January 2011, 06:08 PM
Thanx! I knew there was a way to do that!! :sl*p:

allie
27th January 2011, 12:05 PM
Can't stop thinking about this poor wee man. Is there any interest in him, or likely to be? My poodle was through Dogs Trust in Ballymena and because she was an old ex-breeding bitch with many medical issues it wasn't likely she'd be rehomed. Last thing I need is another permanent dog but I'm a sucker for oldies and it breaks my heart to think he'll be bypassed.

mommytoClaire
29th January 2011, 04:11 AM
I don't know if anyone else here has experience with Canine Diabetes, but I do, and I'd be glad to answer any questions and help walk someone through the care of a diabetic dog (and can also direct to some great forums for help).

My Nash (non-Cavalier) has been diabetic for over 3 years. IT's relatively simple to treat, once you get past the learning process.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Karlin
29th January 2011, 11:44 AM
I have merged the two separate threads that were posted on this same dog. :thmbsup:

Dublin
29th January 2011, 08:09 PM
There has been some interest in Giz but unfortunatly people are put off by his age (10 years) & then we tell them about his 2 medical conditions & that really puts people off - even though he's very stable on his insulin & DT will contribute towards his vet bills once he's adopted.

I wanted to foster him but hubby said no & my other problem is that I leave kongs & chews around the house while im at work which I would not be able to do if Giz was there as he cant have any extra's.

Karlin
29th January 2011, 09:16 PM
I am going to post him to my Facebook page. The DT site was down earlier so I couldn;t link to him but will do so. :)

allie
2nd February 2011, 10:10 AM
I wrote my car off on Thursday so have no way to get down for this wee man otherwise I'd have him like a shot. Does Dublin DT transfer to Ballymena? Sassy is from there so I've been homechecked [and have actually homechecked for them] and they remembered us when we did sponsored walk a few months ago. Just trying to think of a way to make this possible at the moment.

allie
8th February 2011, 08:50 AM
Waiting to hear back about this wee man :l*v:

susandavis1
8th February 2011, 09:43 AM
Oh good luck with this little guy Allie, hope he gets to go home with you :xfngr:

Charlifarley
8th February 2011, 10:14 AM
Hope he gets sorted and homed to you soon Allie. :xfngr:

Wagtails
8th February 2011, 01:20 PM
Yes indeed - fingers, thumbs, toes and everything else firmly crossed here too :wggle:

Karlin
8th February 2011, 08:07 PM
We can sort transport I am sure. :) Why not PM our board member Sonia (username Dublin on this thread) who works at DT as well?

allie
9th February 2011, 08:37 AM
Because Ballymena Dogs Trust know me he can be transported there - if all goes well. I'm waiting for DT vet to phone to discuss his diabetes - there's some concern he may not be stable enough to be left during the day. I go home at lunchtime but it's possible he needs a higher level of care. Will know better when talk to vet. Obviously it's about what's best for him but I already have him moved in in my head [and heart] :l*v:

allie
10th February 2011, 10:47 AM
Spoke to the vet this morning. She feels that he's not stable enough all the time to leave him for the 4 hours twice a day. On a positive note, she has two more people to phone to about him so hopefully they'll be more suitable and he'll get a beautiful home.

Dublin
10th February 2011, 01:16 PM
Sorry, I only saw the replies here now as Ive been away for a week.

Sorry to hear Sue didnt think Giz would be stable enough for your situation.

We do have 2 other Cav's in at the moment - they were on Ireland AM this morning http://www.tv3.ie/ireland_am.php?video=32277&locID=1.65.74 but again they need someone home a bit more during the day.

allie
10th February 2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks Sonia. Last thing I was looking for was another permanent dog but read about this wee guy's problems and just fell for him. I'm a sucker for oldies & know through past experiences that he could be hard to rehome which is why I contacted DT. Hope he gets sorted soon - I'd love to be home all day but someone has to work to keep the animals in the lap of luxury! If you hear anything would you let me know - can't get him out of my mind.

Dublin
10th February 2011, 01:53 PM
I know exactly what you mean! Im the same, id love to be at home all day too to spend the day spoiling my lot but have to work or theres no money for us! I wanted to take Giz but hubby put the foot down & also I'd have to take Giz to work with me to fulfill the criteria - which we're not allowed to do anyway,Im the same as you, I just felt sorry for the little guy!

I know we will find him his forever home, it may just take us a little bit longer than 'normal' but he is happy at DT, he has a kennel mate (Freeway, who is another old codger with health probs!) & he gets plenty of love & attention from us carers - I allways make sure I have a cuddle with him when im in - even if im not working on his block!

I will of course let you know how he gets on! I must post the video I have of him on my phone, it's so cute!

Dublin
10th February 2011, 02:53 PM
Video of Giz - taken a few months ago while he was spending the afternoon on reception.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe0Aa3oDPKg

allie
10th February 2011, 04:53 PM
Aww - he's a lovely boy [but I knew that anyway :luv:]

GoodDoggie
11th February 2011, 05:43 PM
:p nothing beats a good roll when ya been having a long snooze.

Dublin
14th February 2011, 01:01 PM
Great news!!!:jmp::*nana::jmp::dogwlk::rah::*nana:

I booked Gizmo to a lovely family yesterday!!! They have 2 other cav's (ages 8&9) & are cavy mad!

He's going home on Saturday, im so glad I will be there to see him off - although I know I will be bawling as I hand him over!!

allie
14th February 2011, 01:31 PM
Oh that is fantastic news :jmp::jmp::jmp:
So happy to hear that Sonia - thanks :rah:

susandavis1
14th February 2011, 04:55 PM
:rah:Oh, great news, glad this little man has found his forever home :jmp:

GoodDoggie
18th February 2011, 07:11 PM
:pGood News delighted for Gizmo!

Wagtails
18th February 2011, 11:11 PM
Absolutely delighted to read this - well done to everyone involved and Godd Luck Gizmo :fool:

Dublin
2nd March 2011, 08:12 PM
Giz has gone home!!! I bawled my eyes out when i saw him off !

Wagtails
2nd March 2011, 10:32 PM
Oh Sonia.......http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Flowerspoog.gif

allie
3rd March 2011, 02:05 PM
Good news - off to start a big new adventure :rah: Feel for you Sonia, I break my heart each time a foster goes but tell myself it makes room for another dog who needs me more.