PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Wales, UK

Sharon Hughes
18th January 2011, 09:18 AM
Hi, I am Coco's mum. She is my new baby - Black & Tan Cavalier and I love her to bits.......how can anyone not love cavaliers. Sadly my first Cavalier died in my arms in November just 2 days after his 8th birthday. He had been diagnosed with a heart murmur from a puppy and I was so devastated when he died that within a couple of weeks I had to have another cavalier who thankfully has checked clear of heart murmur.
Dexter my lovely boy gave me 8 wonderful years of loyalty and companionship and I still miss him so much.

sins
18th January 2011, 09:43 AM
Hello Sharon and welcome,
So sorry to hear you lost your lovely boy last November.
Your new puppy is adorable and I hope you have many enjoyable years with her.
Sins

emsley
18th January 2011, 10:43 AM
Hi Sharon, and croeso from another Welsh girl !
So sorry to hear of the loss of your lovely boy.
Your little Coco is gorgeous - I have a real soft spot for the black & tans!
Annie

Sharon Hughes
18th January 2011, 10:54 AM
Thank you both for your lovely welcome - the nicest people are cavvy lovers!!

SophieLightyear
18th January 2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the forum!
Really sorry to hear about the loss of your cavvie. It's a terrible thing.
But at least you have a new pup to fill you with love. :)

Sharon Hughes
18th January 2011, 02:31 PM
Yes.....definitely was the best thing - she keeps me on my toes. She is sooo much naughtier than my Dexter who was the best behaved boy in the world......he always wanted to please and I had to be careful not to raise my voice when the children were arguing as it would upset him!! Coco is the complete opposite - she doesn't give two hoots and even tells me of if I raise my voice to her......but she makes me laugh so much. I have to tell her that Dexter will be turning in his grave (in our garden) at her behaviour!!

Tania
18th January 2011, 03:19 PM
Hello Coco's Mum, welcome to the forum. I think Coco is just gorgeous.icon_welcome

jasperpaw
18th January 2011, 03:24 PM
Hello and welcome to you and Coco, so sorry that you lost Dexter last year.

When we got our young pup last year we met someone who had a black and tan and they said they were very naughty, mined you blenheims don`t do too bad at being naughty judging by my pup.:lol: I am sure Coco will bring you so much joy.

shell1805
18th January 2011, 09:37 PM
icon_welcome sorry to hear about dexter, coco is adorable :lotsaluv: even though the pups we lose leave a huge paw print on out hearts, these gorgeous pups remember why we do it and get through the loss and pain of it all. one look at those gorgeous big eyes of theirs make it all worth while doesn't it??

look forward to hearing all about the mischief she gets up to x

Sharon Hughes
19th January 2011, 06:45 PM
Thank you everyone for admiring my Coco and she really is sooooo naughty!!!! At this moment she is sat on the bed barking at me because I am typing instead of playing with her!! Are Black & Tan's just born naughty. Dexter my tri was as good as gold and Coco is the complete opposite although I still love her to bits!!!! and she makes me laugh all the time - she knows how to get away with murder!!!! By the way I don't think dexter even found his bark until he was past his first birthday - coco is very vocal!

mommytoClaire
20th January 2011, 02:47 AM
Hi! I'm Cindy, and I have Claire, and we're fairly new here also.

I think it's just because Coco is a girl, as my Claire is very demanding. I'm trying to teach her to act like a lady. She has gotten much better, so I am sure there is hope for Coco.

Sharon Hughes
20th January 2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks Cindy......my husband will be glad when she learns some manners 'cos she's a real thug at the mo!!! I think she's just brill and love her naughtiness and her energy - am such a proud mum xxxx
By the way how old is your baby - she is adorable.
Have worked out they both have the naughty line.......must be that matching white stripe!!!!