• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chewing Gum on Paws

Teresa

Hiya, just after a bit of advice really, while walking today Cassie went lame, I checked her paws and she had chewing gum stuck on her hair under her right front paw. :(

We went straight home and I removed as much as I could but some is stuck on her actual pads and between and she won't let me try to remove it. She is still a little lame.

I remember a thread on this before and wondered what remedies I might try!!

Thanks guys, Teresa x

I hope so!! I think I might try some type of oil to loosen it (??) :(:(

Cassie can't quite work it out!

Hi

I have a some information on this www.cavaliermatters.org under general care or page 40.

This is what it more or less advises!
Using a small dish or cotton wool, thoroughly soak the area with, Sunflower oil (or any light oil) work the oil into the sticky or hard patch with your fingers. Blott off the excess oil with paper towel and was the area with Dog Shampoo, keep repeating until the nasty substance has gone.
Ensure the oil is dried off thoroughly before he/she trots off around the house.
Dougall doesn't like his feet messed around with very much, I stand him in the shower, I wet his feet and gently sort out the problem. Because he is in the shower he stands still and allows me to do whatever I want .... It might be worth a try if he is being difficult.

or if all else fails

5370166530_70fd641823.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Teresa, if you look at the link that Wagtails has advised it was me last year who wanted advice, Nicky gave some advice, but I used baby oil and it worked great. Maybe you could place her paw in a small amount and it will come off easily as you have got most of it off. I did have to wash Jasper`s paw off with dog shampoo a couple of times to get the oil off.

Back