• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Lexie and Sprinkles :)

LexieAndSprinkles

Hi everyone! I'm Jordan. I found your forum today while researching Cavaliers as therapy dogs. I am currently as psychology major studying the emotional effects of therapy dogs on children with disabilities and chronic illnesses. I have two amazing Cavaliers.

165325_849865311163_22221615_44762144_4728525_n.jpg
(Lexie being a Princess)

My Lexie will be 2 in April. She's a small ruby Cavalier weighing about 9 pounds :) Her nickname is Princess Pup because she is such a little Diva. She is content spending her entire day in my lap being brushed and kissed. She absolutely adores my little siblings (ages 3, 2 and 4 months) She is quite the mother hen. My 2 year old brother has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy and she is now a HUGE part of his therapy sessions. She is currently in obedience classes so that she can get certified to help other kids with disabilities.

168357_842654736213_22221615_44568824_5006261_n.jpg
(Sprinkles with the baby toy she stole)

My Sprinkles is 6 months old. She's a blenheim Cavalier and already weighs 12 pounds. She's the complete opposite of Lexie. She's spoiled to the point where I think she doesn't quite function as a dog, which is why her nickname is Baby Dog. We recently had to buy my 4 month old brother a new vibrating bouncy seat because Sprinkles claimed his as hers. She naps in it all the time while it vibrates haha. She also is obsessed with pacifiers. I never thought I'd have to be breaking a pacifier habit with my dog! She absolutely loves the snow, rain, sleet and any other weather condition that Lexie hates.

The two of them are completely inseparable though. I couldn't have asked for a better pair :)

167520_850954962493_22221615_44786008_6602569_n.jpg

awwwwwww.... I am in love!

They are both so cute! I thought that my Gracie was tiny at just under 12 pounds but I see that Ruby is wee thing in indeed. I don't blame you for spoiling them. I hope that my Gracie also can be a therapy dog someday.... I can't imagine a better breed to do this work.

Thanks! Lexie came from a horrible breeder who never wormed her when she was a puppy and so her growth was stunted :( It was a really sad situation. She was my first Cavalier so I didn't know how important it was to look for a reputable breeder. She's very healthy now, just tiny.

Good luck on your therapy quest! If you have any tips let me know. We're just getting started and it seems like it is going to be a rather long process. But like you said, I can't imagine a better breed so it will definitely be worth it!

Awww, Lexie and Sprinkles are seriously adorable!
And don't worry about spoiling them, my Benji is seriously spoilt that he's recently tried to get me to spoon feed him his meals.

They are so freaking adorable! Welcome! cavtiny

My name is Katie, I have a five month old Blenheim named Chamberlain who has completely stolen my heart. He weighs 11 pounds and is also VERY spoiled. He loves to be on my heels when I doing things around the house and if I am sitting, he has to be in my lap.

Welcome! What a great crew. I'm Cindy, and I just have Claire who is also a Ruby, and though she is spoiled, I'm not sure she can top Sprinkles. What a great story.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

BTW great picture. So, who's 'chair' did the dogs steal?

Welcome! Just great cavaliers and what a wonderful major. Pet therapy is truly amazing especially when you see someones dead eyes become awaken and it is truly amazing.

All these younger cavaliers I feel like ella is getting old. She is actually 4 but will be 5 in april. I started to work on getting her certified but never really gave the commitment to training so we did volunteer work at nursing homes.

I think there is no better dog to be used for therapy than a cavalier. But I maybe bias.

Are you familiar with bently who has received several awards and recognition? I'm sure you may be able to share information but more important I am so glad you posted photos and hope to see more ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have to be honest that I ran to grab a cavalier book b/c I saw a picture of bently with his awards and since you mentioned therapy, I wanted to learn more. So I was actually more curious because of your therapy knowledge.

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the encouragement everyone! It's so nice to meet all of you. I have to admit I've been a little pre-occupied admiring all of you all's beautiful babies on the picture threads! I totally forgot I had even posted this one lol.

Hello and icon_welcome. Here in Ireland, my dog Belle is a therapy dog, she just went though basic obedience training (with me as her trainer) and we went for some assessments and got into the therapy work (just starting this month). I think that a cavaliers good looks and charm help them become therapy dogs... lol. Good Luck on your endeavours in therapy dog work, it can be so so rewarding!

Back