• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The 11th commandment

meljoy

When we first got Leo I had very definate rules that were not to be broken. ie,
a) He'll only be allowed on the furniture when invited.
He now climbs up when ever it suits him.

b) He wont be allowed up stairs.
He follows me up stairs when ever I go now.

c) He will definately not be allowed on the beds. :sl*p:
Yes he's broken this rule now too.

The last rule is what we call the 11th commandment which is "Thow shall not feed the dog from the table".....this one we've managed to stick to but Im wondering for how long.
Anyone else start off with good intentions.

yes, all of the above! especially the bed one. no way was ruby getting into bed with us , she has a perfectly good duvet of her own at the side of our bed... so why AT 3 AM without fail does she creep into bed with me . and why am ai always glad to feel her tuck her little body into mine and give a deep sigh ... ahhhh i love her sooooo much :luv::luv:

yes, all of the above! especially the bed one. no way was ruby getting into bed with us , she has a perfectly good duvet of her own at the side of our bed... so why AT 3 AM without fail does she creep into bed with me . and why am ai always glad to feel her tuck her little body into mine and give a deep sigh ... ahhhh i love her sooooo much :luv::luv:

Same here!!! Lola always sneekes out of her bed and into mine at about 3 in the morn and then hides under the covers!! :lol:

I tired to fool myself into thinking that Chamberlain wouldn't sleep in bed with us. That lasted until he was able to hold it through the night. I thought my husband wouldn't like sharing a bed with Chamberlain, but he gets upset if I even talk about having Chamberlain sleep on the floor in his dog bed! :razz:

The one rule we are sticking with is the command WAIT! Wait before you eat, wait before you come inside (mom and dad go first) ......

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary...

8:00 am - Dog food! My favourite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favourite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favourite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favourite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favourite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favourite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favourite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favourite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favourite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with people! My favourite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favourite thing!

Cavaliers have 400 years of experience of manipulating their humans. You're just discovering how good they are at it!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

My attempts to 'crate" blondie at night, when was a puppy.
Well,
After 3 days of howling through the nights , untill the neighbour from the next house over (yes!!) came and complained, i took her in my bed.
After 5 minutes she was snoring upside down with her head on my pillow.
"aaaah, this is what i wanted all along, how dare she take away my task of keeping the bed warm and cuddling her".
I have to say that my cavalier in the bed is one of my favorite things.
I LOVE going to bed now and cuddle with her.
My boyfriend who I live with travels 4 days out of 7 so Im alone all the time but i never feel alone because of her.

Back