• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Notice on Cavalier Club website.... Clare's talk with slides

Margaret C

I don't usually put the same post on two threads, but this is really worth looking at....................

BVA / KC CMSM Scheme Seminar – 7 October 2010
Read Dr Clare Rusbridge’s presentation given at the BVA/KC CMSM Scheme Seminar held on 7 October 2010, Note this presentation has been redacted by the author and opens in a new window. - Click to read

How wonderful to be able to see most of the presentation.
I must say I feel a lot more encouraged after reading the abstract of the 4 year report on the Interim breeding guidelines.
A* to A* parental cross produced 7.7 % affected offspring
A to A parental cross produced 15.5% affected offspring
All offspring affected if both parents affected.

I know it must be so disheartening for breeders who find that after all their hard work and planning that a pup they produce ends up as one of the 15.5% but looking at the big picture,it can reduce the overall incidence in the breed than if protocols are ignored.

There's one term that I'm not 100% clear on.
Can anyone tell me what exactly a pre syrinx is and how it's related to the central canal dilation?

Sins

NOTICE on CAVALIER CLUB WEB SITE ....Clare's Talk with Slides

I don't usually put the same post on two threads, but this is really worth looking at....................

BVA / KC CMSM Scheme Seminar – 7 October 2010
Read Dr Clare Rusbridge’s presentation given at the BVA/KC CMSM Scheme Seminar held on 7 October 2010, Note this presentation has been redacted by the author and opens in a new window. - Click to read

Notice on CAVALIER CLUB'S WEB SITE ... Clare's Talk wih Slides.

HELP ,SOME-BODY ,PLEASE.

Could some KIND PERSON PLEASE tell me how to get This Information

Bet

How wonderful to be able to see most of the presentation.
I must say I feel a lot more encouraged after reading the abstract of the 4 year report on the Interim breeding guidelines.
A* to A* parental cross produced 7.7 % affected offspring
A to A parental cross produced 15.5% affected offspring
All offspring affected if both parents affected.

I know it must be so disheartening for breeders who find that after all their hard work and planning that a pup they produce ends up as one of the 15.5% but looking at the big picture,it can reduce the overall incidence in the breed than if protocols are ignored.

There's one term that I'm not 100% clear on.
Can anyone tell me what exactly a pre syrinx is and how it's related to the central canal dilation?

Sins

Now you are asking something that I think only a neurologist could answer, as I suspect only a very experienced eye could define which is which on a scan.

There is something on Clare Rusbridge's FAQs.......

http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/faq.htm

What is pre syrinx?
The first stage of syrinx development appears to be (interstitial) oedema i.e. fluid within the spinal cord typically around a dilated central canal– so called pre-syrinx. The fluid is within the spinal cord substance rather than coalesced into distinct cavities.

Slide number 32 shows 'pain face' - I wouldn't have known that was the same dog!

Over the years I've seen many photos of cavaliers with the same facial expression as the cavalier in the first photo. This is definitely helpful for dog owners to recognize this facial expression in their own dogs as a possible sign of something wrong.

Back