PDA

View Full Version : Future Cavalier owner

AndreaCavalier
21st January 2011, 05:41 PM
Hi, I'm Andrea! A Cavalier baby girl is comming to my home in April so I'm searching for some informations (since this is my first dog) and this seems like a prefect place.

http://i53.tinypic.com/w9gu8m.jpg
This is the picture I got from the breeders

They were born on Jenuary 14th and I can't wait for one of the girls to come home with me. I still don't have a name for her, so if you have some ideas I'll be very grateful.

GraciesMom
22nd January 2011, 03:24 AM
As to names, I would come up with a list of 20 or so you like and then wait a bit after you get her home to decide on one. We first thought we were going to name our girl Lily, but after 3 days with her she was just more of a Gracie. So Gracie it was! There are sooooo many websites out there that have names for girl babies and it is amazing how helpful those were. Also, you can think about family members, friends or others whose names you liked or other dogs with names you liked.

GraciesMom
22nd January 2011, 03:26 AM
My registered AKC name is a bit different. I used that name to honor someone very dear to me who introduced me to Cavaliers. So her official registered name is Hapi Grace, but we call her Gracie. So a registered name can vary from what you decide to call her.

anniemac
22nd January 2011, 04:09 AM
That is so exciting!! A new puppy is so fun to get excited and I bet you can't wait.

I think sometimes names just come to you. I always loved the name emma but a good friend just had a baby girl and named her emma. I can't imagine ella being called emma! Get some ideas because that is the fun part but sometimes their personality comes out and it hits you. I didn't have a name when I got her but it came later that day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jasper and Holly
23rd January 2011, 06:05 AM
How exciting for you. You will have lots of fun. They are the best dogs.

AndreaCavalier
23rd January 2011, 10:11 AM
Thank you all! I got another picture of the puppies and thought you might want to see it.

http://i55.tinypic.com/25ioqrr.jpg