• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

eye surgery today

theresa d

Bella (3) approx,had eye surgery today to aid a corneal ulcer to heal,I've only had her 3mts. vet felt ulcer was due to an old injury but as time went on I really feel it's due to neglected dry eye which they will confirm today with a tear test while she is under g.a. Vet nurse just phoned and said surgery over and vet wants to talk to me later thisevening,I'm worried sick now! what else can go wrong?! Dry eye I can manage but my mind is doing overtime now thinking of what he may have found wrong.

I can sympathise, as I've had several dogs with both dry eye and ulcers, but it won't do Bella any good if you just worry yourself sick, now will it?

Many vets (and especially their staff) just don't realise the anguish they create by throwaway comments. Hopefully you won't find it's anything other than what you know anyway and the vet just wants to explain things to you and how to treat Bella.
Heartblowingpoog.gif

Good luck this evening, and do let us know how you get on. Will be thinking of you

Don't start to worry yet - the vet probably just wants to give you a report on how the surgery went, how to look after Bella post operatively, and how to look after her eye in the long term.
I'm a firm believer in trying not to worry about the unknown - if something serious comes up I'll deal with it as and when it happens.
:hug:for Bella, and hopefully your worries will be unfounded.

Don't worry, maybe he just wants to talk about after-surgery care. Good Luck to you and Bella, we're thinking of you:hug:.
Let us know how everything goes.

I'm thinking the same thing as everyone else....he/she probably just wants to talk to you about care for her eye after surgery. Try not to worry yourself. Hoping everything goes well this evening and Bella is home and recovering soon.

It might well be that he will want to tell you that he has surgically cleaned the eye, making some very fine grooves in the cornea to aid healing by using a serum which he has made by spinning some of your girl's plasma extracted from her blood. This will contain her DNA to encourage the eye to heal quickly. If I am right you will be given a tiny little bottle of serum to keep in the fridge, with instructions to give one drop every couple of hours or so straight into the eye.

I have heard good reports of this highly skilled procedure. Unfortunately it was not effective for my Holly Poppet, as her over active auto immune system rejects her own tissue.

well you were all right!! nothing wrong thank god!!!! Aftercare ect. oh i'm so relieved. Surgery went well,back on Friday for check up,now for the hard bit,to keep my two seperated for the nxt few days!!!! thanks everyone for the best wishes and support,much appreciated!

Back