• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ebay account stolen

HollyDolly

Checking my emails the other day I noticed that I had listed an IPhone on ebay:confused:
Yes I do have a account but have never listed a phone let alone 26 of them.
On investigation discovered that someone had stolen my ebay account details and started listing items. A phone call to ebay costing several pounds resulted in them telling me that an unauthorised user had stolen my account details:yikes The fees for listing these 26 phones had been deducted from my account but of course when these phones sold the monies were paid into well not mine.
It has now been sorted but suggest anyone using ebay change their password every 2 weeks.

Nanette

Hello Nanette

Thanks for the warning as I use it occasionally .The big problem is keeping a track of all those passwords and pin numbers you have to file away in your mind .

Hello Nanette

Thanks for the warning as I use it occasionally .The big problem is keeping a track of all those passwords and pin numbers you have to file away in your mind .

I use an address book I bought from Poundland. Each site I use is listed with my username and passwork underneath it. I keep it next to the computer. Every time I change my password I go over the old one with a Tip-Ex Mouse and write the new one over it. Easy peasy.:badgrin:

Checking my emails the other day I noticed that I had listed an IPhone on ebay:confused:
Yes I do have a account but have never listed a phone let alone 26 of them.
On investigation discovered that someone had stolen my ebay account details and started listing items. A phone call to ebay costing several pounds resulted in them telling me that an unauthorised user had stolen my account details:yikes The fees for listing these 26 phones had been deducted from my account but of course when these phones sold the monies were paid into well not mine.
It has now been sorted but suggest anyone using ebay change their password every 2 weeks.

Nanette

I got hacked on Pay-Pal a couple of years ago. I only found out when I got an e-mail from my bank to tell me there would be a delay in transferring all my accounts to the new bank in Chicago. Picking myself up off the floor I rang the bank to tell them the on-line instructions from PP were fraudulent, then I was another one who had to spend many pounds speaking on the 'phone to them in Ireland, but I got it all reversed.

I now regularly re-set my password and only pay funds into PP to cover any purchases I want to make. They no longer have direct access to my bank account.

It's a sad world :(we live in when we have to share it with low life cyber thieves.:yuk:

Hello Flo

Thats too methodical and easy for my mind to grasp .On one of my credit cards I checked my outstanding balance before payment and found out it was about £6,000 more than what I thought ,I then found out I had paid for some double glazing at an address in London ,what a kind person I am .But top marks to MBNA for quickly sorting it but then again I only found out cos I checked it so what would of happened if I hadn't ?

Back