• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gums bleeding when brushing.

GoodDoggie

Ive been brushing Dustys teeth almost every other day until last month were I got some plaque off to add to her food instead,ive sliped up on the brushing though.
Lat night when I brushed her teeth I noticed her gums bleed quite a bit,this happened before when i was brushing but never this badly. Is it just becasue I havnt done it for quite a while and it will get better with regular brushing?

Hi

I would think exactly the same as us humans ,so try and brush regular not only for
her teeth but also for her heart .There are lots of different doggie toothpastes and chews on the market and also additives for her water bowl .Plaque off for me is not one of my favorites though I do use it in my dental regime but I personally think a good brush with say Logic Gel followed by a Logic small dental chew daily will help keep her teeth in tip top condition . I actually brush (Vibrac toothpaste first then Logic Gel and lastly Petzlife Gel ) each of my girls teeth three times each every night followed by a Petzlife oral spray then a logic chew ,and they all sit in a line waiting to done and absolutely love the nightly fun though it does take me about half an hour but then I make a game of it and enjoy it myself.:D:D:D:D

Hi

I would think exactly the same as us humans ,so try and brush regular not only for
her teeth but also for her heart .There are lots of different doggie toothpastes and chews on the market and also additives for her water bowl .Plaque off for me is not one of my favorites though I do use it in my dental regime but I personally think a good brush with say Logic Gel followed by a Logic small dental chew daily will help keep her teeth in tip top condition . I actually brush (Vibrac toothpaste first then Logic Gel and lastly Petzlife Gel ) each of my girls teeth three times each every night followed by a Petzlife oral spray then a logic chew ,and they all sit in a line waiting to done and absolutely love the nightly fun though it does take me about half an hour but then I make a game of it and enjoy it myself.:D:D:D:D[/Q

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I'm having visions of them all lined up in a row waiting to get their pearly whites cleaned!! You are a real gem Brian. I LOVE reading your posts as your love and devotion to your furbabies shines through in each one. They are very lucky poochies!

Last edited:
Back