• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lots and lots of SNOW

Lani

As you may have heard, the northeastern United States is getting walloped with snow this winter!!

We've had about 6 major storms there. It's hard to count when there are so many. This is very unusual for us. Yesterday we got about 4 inches during the day and another foot last night and that is on top of the snow that hadn't melted from last week's storm and all the previous storms. They are saying we have already had 56 inches of snow this winter, but I think that is in Central Park (NYC). I am sure we have had more where I live.

We spent a couple hours shoveling today, and we also paid a guy to help us. Besides the sidewalk and driveway, we also shovel a small area in the backyard so the doggies can do their business.

Needless to say there's no where to put any more snow and we are all ready for Spring to come. It cannot come soon enough.

So without further ado, I thought I'd share a few pictures from today:

See that red line in the middle of the photo? That's a dog down there:
1296150071-1.jpg

"Seriously, this is all the space we get??"
1296150137-1.jpg

I can't see anything! How do you expect me to chase squirrels?
1296170587-1.jpg

Ooooh, ooohh!! I spy a squirrel!!! But now what??
1296170863-1.jpg

Sparky in the area we shoveled for them:
1296150173-2.jpg

Ruby boys posing:
1296150168.jpg

Hope you enjoyed ... and hope you don't have this much snow where you are. :lol:

Last edited:
I must say that after looking at that first photo and seeing nothing, then later reading the title I really did laugh out loud!!! Great shots.

Fabulous pictures. I noted on facebook how long it took you to dig that snow, you poor thing. Stay safe and I hope that lovely garden of yours recovers better than mine did after our snow.

Lani, look at the bright side, we have very little snow this year, and it is old....too much "yellow snow"! It will take a long time for all that you have to look that way!:p

Lani, look at the bright side, we have very little snow this year, and it is old....too much "yellow snow"! It will take a long time for all that you have to look that way!:p

That is true Chuck, we seem to get a fresh coat every 3 days or so to keep it looking pretty.

You should see the pictures of the front yard though .... lots and lots of grey snow from the slush that we've had to remove from what the snow plow threw in our driveway. The snow mountains along the driveway are too tall now, so that stuff is going in the front yard. :shock: We just don't have anywhere to put it anymore. :confused:

We finally got some snow yesturday, Maryland seems to be right on the boarder of all the snow storms and we don't get any snow! But on Wednesday we did! I had a snow day Thursday! :jump:

But if you did not leave work by 2p on Wednesday you were stuck in traffic for hours! It took some people 11 hours to get home from DC! Even President Obama was stuck in traiffic for half an hour!!!

I must say that after looking at that first photo and seeing nothing, then later reading the title I really did laugh out loud!!! Great shots.
It took me a minute to figure it out too! :p
We don't usually get much snow in Dublin, but had plenty in December and it took ages for the grey piles of slush to melt, so I sympathise with you. We have been threatened with more snow next month.
You know what they say - 'be careful what you wish for'
I used to really enjoy the light sprinkling we might get every winter or so, but it caused such an upheaval and hassle here (lots of flights cancelled over Christmas - my son got stranded in Italy) that I only want to experience it again on a skiing holiday. :mad:

Holy cow! You are getting a lot of snow! Have you thought about getting a great big snowthrower? (if there are any left by now!!!!!)

We usually get our biggest snow storms starting around now!

Wow, that looks cold, but oh so pretty!

Love all the photies, but the "Ruby boys posing" is beautiful! What handsome boys you have.

Back