• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tast of the wild

nicola

Just wondered did anyone have any comments on this food, its listed under a 6* and is available in the UK from Zooplus?

That's very odd, I was just thinking of posting this! My only real concern is on the protein, they do a 25% version but as far as I know the rest of the range are quite high (over 30%). I would be really interested in trying the 25% one (think it is Pacific Stream). I have had my lot on Orijen and Acana in the past and one on them had some problems with over production of ear wax and ear infections due to the protein so I took the dogs off them. Both were brilliant food though and I highly recommend them.

Definately interested to see the comments about this food.

Great minds think alike! My gang are on orijen at the minute but its just so expensive as I have the two cavs, a 100 pound old english sheepdog and a chocolate lab (plus two guinea pigs, a rabbit and our lovely moggie) so pet costs are a small fortune here. Taste of the wild is considerably cheaper and still looks to be great quality. I will be interested to see what others say about this food too.

I give my cavy taste of the wild Sierra Mountain Formula, it has 25% protein, lower than the other ones and he loves it! I did take my time to introduce him the new food though, usually they say about to a week, but since I have a lot of his old food left(canidae) I mixed them up gradually in about 3 weeks. His poo is fine and I think he likes it more than canidae. IMO Orijen is for an active dog (because of the high protein) and and my cavy isn't, that's why I spent many hours looking for grain-free dog food that doesn't have high protein content and totw fits the bill. Hope this help :D

Thankyou :flwr: Thats exactly the kind of information I needed. Gonna switch to Taste of the Wild for all 4 of my guys.

Oz absolutely loves it, but then again he loves anything he can get into his mouth. I transitioned him from his old food because he was having terrible gas and he has has no trouble with his poops and he just loves it.

Its so much cheaper than orijen but is also a 6* food according to foodanalysis.com. I priced it at zooplus and when you work out the feeding recommendations, it actually works out cheaper than James Well Beloved which according to foodanalysis.com is only a 3* food!

I think Taste of the Wild is a very good, affordable food. :)

Right now I'm feeding Geordie and Chocolate these two foods: Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream and Orijen Regional Red. The regional red is much higher in calories. I switch between these two several times during the week.

India cannot eat either of these due to allergies and resulting yeast - which affects her ears, eyes, mouth, feet, and tummy - so I feed her Nature's Variety Prairie Beef and Barley or Prairie Venison and Millet.(y)

I feed Winston the Waterfowl formula and he's done wonderfully on it. He has an allergy to rice so I need a grain free food and since he's been on it, no more chewing of his feet and they aren't red anymore either. Plus, his poops are nice and firm, unlike when I tried Blue Buffalo, on that he had pudding poops. Another thing on the plus side, Winston's acupuncture vet recommended it.

Back