• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

questions in regards to spaying

Blondiemonster

so...
Blondie i getting spayed by Dr. Marino next week at LIVS.
I was wondering what to expect. Will she be able to come home that night?
(she is also getting MRI. they told me they expect anesthesia to be about 3 hours)
Will she be able to use her dog stairs? She never gets crated and sleeps in our bed..
Also, I have a trip for business 7 days after her spay. The dog sitter cant come and she would be alone for about 2 hours that day, unattended, which makes me very nervous. Is it high risk to leave them unattended 7 to 8 days after surgery for a couple of hours? I know of this puppy that got spayed and got his stitches out somehow and his intestines dragged on the floor. No kidding. They were able to save him , but still... The thought of something like that is very unsettling. :)

Thanks guys

lynn

I would wait and see if shes inclined to lick or chew at her wound. If she doesn't seem to do this and after the week the wound seems to be healing ok, I wouldn't be worried about leaving her for a few hours, 7-8 days post surgery.

Back