• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dr. Marino interview

anniemac

I had the chance to send Dr. Marino a list of questions for the WWW.twolittlecavaliers.com SM awareness event. It is now posted.

I sent it to rod when I got it to. It has some interesting information. One thing one person and rod pointed out was the information about BAER tests were outdated. I sent a follow up questions that rod helped me with and have not heard back. There was a canadian study done in june 2010 that said BAER testing for SM was not sufficient. Rod can use technical terms.

there is no change in # tested from 2007. I have a friend whose cavalier is part of the study and has 3 mri. With baer tests more recent than 2007, so I'm sure there has to be more, but don't know

Her cavalier had surgery with titanium mesh and he uses her b/c she has had remarkable results. Her syrinx is almost gone. They are having another mri in june.

Dr. Marino screens breeders with full mri along with several tests, bloodwork and sends results to dr. Rusbridge all for $500 which is great for all that. He is a remarkable surgeon and someone who is valuable with research on clm, cjm, (whatever new term is) and sm.

Some may want to check it out.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have to admit I didn't expect to hear from him and I had 30 minutes to figure out what to ask.

He is really fascinating and if you read Tammi post (woman w/ CM) she talks about how Dr. Marino worked with her neurologist on her surgery.

Hi Anne,
I hope you don't mind but I've posted the link to cavalier chat forum as it's an excellent interview and a goldmine of information.Well done for pulling it all together.
Sins

Hi Anne,
I hope you don't mind but I've posted the link to cavalier chat forum as it's an excellent interview and a goldmine of information.Well done for pulling it all together.
Sins

The more the merrier!

He is indeed a charismatic vet!!! He was great and very caring with his follow ups after partaking in the study. He was a bit disappointed he didnt get to operate on Blondie though :):):) Ohhh the passion!!!!!!

Nice job, Anne. You covered the waterfront!

Wow rod, coming from you that means a lot.

Lynn (blondiemaster) I did not get to meet him in person but he does seem charismatic. I am not surprised he wanted surgery. I hope her 2nd MRI shows some more information.

Back