• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Food

Paulette

Sorry if this has been answered already but when can I stop softening Rubys food? Or how should I do it, I currently make up the days meals in one go and store it in a container, I put hot water over it and then it softens. She is 11 weeks old and by the look and feel! of it has quite a few teeth in now.
Some advice please thanks

Starting to reduce the amount of time you soak it would be a good idea so that you "wean" her (and her sensitive teeth and gums) onto hard food. Do this over maybe 2 weeks so that she gets used to the texture and isn't put off by it. She's old enough for you to start the transition now.

I never soaked food for puppies, but at the same time I never liked to only feed dry food and would usually have mixed with something else. You don't have to soften dry food, though some do. At 11 weeks she is well past where she needs it softened (generally this is done for very young puppies just being weaned off milk and onto solids, not for puppies old enough to be homed). The fact that puppy teeth can easily puncture human skin and have no problem gnawing on bones is a pretty good indication that they can manage hard food OK. :) I'd add a bit of water if I were concerned the pup (or adult) wasn't drinking enough water though.

Back