• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Waterless Shampoo

Paulette

Hi was in the pet shop and saw a paul mitchell waterless foam shampoo are these any good? I have tried to bathe her once and she didnt like it at all, I have some dog wipes but wonder if a waterless shampoo is better for inbetween real baths, please recommend any that are good

Never heard of that -- is it for dogs? The pH of human shampoo and dog shampoo is quite different. A waterless shampoo isn't going to be that useful I wouldn't think -- anyone who has used one (human style on humans!) will know that while it gets rid of an oily look to hair, it actually coats the hair and makes it quite dirty the day or so after.

Waterless shampoo is basically a foam that you still get the dog all wet with and then wipe off with a towel. Helps deoderize, but still not going to get a dog as clean as a real bath! Wipes vs waterless shampoo really don't have a huge impact I would say... I use wipes for in between baths and they work well, especially for those dirty little feet!

While in a pet shop a couple of weeks ago I was looking at alternatives to bathing, I don`t believe in bathing too often, about 4 times a year. Ollie is very, very hairy, his tummy gets really dirty, he is only just 9 months old so not sure if he actually has his full coat, his Dad is a very hairy cavalier, so this has been a shock to me as Jasper does not have a long coat. I bought doggie wipes, but they just don`t seem wet enough, maybe ok for paws. Maybe a bowl of water and flannel will have to be the answer.

Back