• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

do you think bentley feels better?? x

shell1805

007-11.jpg

001-13.jpg

002-12.jpg

003-11.jpg

i know there still could be a long road ahead of us but its so good to see my bubba back to his old self

005-9.jpg

:lotsaluv:

xx

1st day today without any rimadyl, had his last one at 5.30 yesterday evening and so far so good. he isn't in any pain and is his old self. got the vets again tomorrow for a check up and to se where we go from here xx

Update:

update:

bentley is doing fantastic, he had his check up and the vet was very pleased with his progress. he didn't need any more pain killers but we do need to rest him for the next couple of weeks (which if anyone could tell bentley that it would be much appriciated, beacuse he is driving me crazy with the amount of energy he has :roll:)
the vet suspects that bentley may have issues with the discs in his spine nearer the kneck, with that said as long as we are aware that bentley has this issue and we treat him accordingly (put as least amount of stress on that area) the vet says he should be fine.
however, if bentley has another bout of pain he will be having an MRI and go from there but the vet was very confident (i pray that he is right) that bentley will make a very good recovery. we did speak in depth about clare rushbridge and as she is with the same vet group as my vets he knew her well, and he said if he had any doubt in his mind that it was SM he would refer me and bentley asap.
icon_blshing i think i sounded like an over protective parent xx

Sounds like you're in good hands Michelle, and are really lucky that Claire is in the same group. :wggle:
Im glad to hear Bentley is making good progress and hope you dont have to go through all the worry again. We're all worried parents by the way! It's a good idea to protect his neck area, do you walk him on a harness? My vet told me all cavaliers should be walked on a harness.

Good luck on trying to rest him by the way, easier said than done huh :roll:

I've always thought Bentley's pain episodes sounded just like Oliver's whose problems were also caused by disc issues in his neck. Once they became severe enough he had surgery and he has had no problems since. Two days after surgery he wanted to run and jump - a new man at almost 9 years old!! Hopefully Bentley's won't progress that far. Glad to hear he's feeling better.

Sounds like you're in good hands Michelle, and are really lucky that Claire is in the same group. :wggle:
Im glad to hear Bentley is making good progress and hope you dont have to go through all the worry again. We're all worried parents by the way! It's a good idea to protect his neck area, do you walk him on a harness? My vet told me all cavaliers should be walked on a harness.

Good luck on trying to rest him by the way, easier said than done huh :roll:

014-3.jpg

(y) yeah bentley has always used a harness as he snorts really badly otherwise. in fact he now has a red puppia one from harrods no less :-D

so far today every time we have even gone near the front door he is there, got sever cabin fever bless him. im thinking of taking him just for a short walk in richmond park tomorrow, he pulls so much on his lead anyway surely a walk off lead will be better foe him??

xx

Back