• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Apple Cider Vinegar for Dogs

I had read about ACV and even used an organic one with the "mother" in it
( http://www.bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-apple-cider-vinegar.html )
and couldn't tell any difference. Some people swear by it. I gave it a try because of Sophie's chronic bladder infections the first six months we had her, as well as for her runny, teary eyes. After a year (?) I took her off of it and noticed her eyes actually improved a bit after she was off the stuff. The Bragg's brand is human grade (and I doubt you can get it in the UK but the Crossgate you linked looks to be an equivalent) is really quite palatable; moreso than the usual ACV. I started using it in my recipes -- especially my Chess Pie -- instead of the usual Heinz stuff, and it is quite an improvement.

Last edited:
I tried apple cider vinegar in her water for Holly when she had tearstaining.
Poor baby drank it without complaint.Did absolutely nothing for her...
Sins

Hi Brian,
Have you any particular reason to give this to the dogs?
I used it years ago as a food supplement (supposedly to reduce the amount I was eating :rolleyes:), but the only thing I got from it was a vinegary taste in my mouth :shock:

Back