• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

k9 Puppy Teeth

Zumie05

I know it is common in smaller breeds for the k9 baby teeth to not have fallen out when the adult teeth come in. My question however is will it be better to wait when she is spayed to pull them out, if they have not fallen out by then? Or is it better to pull them out as soon as the adult ones come in?

I am curious when and if I should have a vet pull them because I don't want her teeth to grow in crooked.

I wouldn't worry about the teeth being crooked, but it's better for their health for all the puppy teeth to be gone, since dental health can affect heart health. I think experts advise it's best done when she getting spayed, that way she won't have to go through another bout of anesthetics.

I would contact your vet, I brought Chamberlain in for a check up last Friday and he said all of Chamberlains adult teeth are in.

Claire had one baby tooth that didn't come out. Fortunately it was next to the adult tooth and not causing problems, so we waited till her spay to have it removed, as I really didn't want her put under twice. She was about 7 months old when this happened and we had her spayed.

Back