PDA

View Full Version : Beans' first HTM routine..

renate
14th February 2011, 08:20 PM
this is the first time, beans and i try out our small HTM routine.
beans is now 9 mos. old, and i am very pleased with her focus and her joy of what we are doing.
we''l be in our first HTM competition together in april.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXWT9BcSqX4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXWT9BcSqX4)

Zumie05
14th February 2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks for putting a big smile on my face today!!! Bean is wonderful, and an inspiration for me and Coco!!!!

sunshinekisses
14th February 2011, 09:32 PM
so cute!!! You worked really hard on that, and I can tell you are having fun with her!

Charlifarley
14th February 2011, 10:19 PM
That's just brilliant. She looks like she is really enjoying herself, her tail is wagging the whole time. I love the little break for a scratch half way through:jmp:
How long did it take to train Beans to remember all the moves? She is great.

sins
14th February 2011, 10:32 PM
That's amazing!
A 9 month old cavalier who can do all that without jumping up.
Very impessive!
Sins

mhabca
15th February 2011, 03:40 AM
Renate, that is amazing. You are both doing such a fantastic job.

SuzRN
16th February 2011, 08:35 AM
I love it!! Glad to see you post. That is amazing with the dogs footwork.

James
16th February 2011, 02:31 PM
It cheered me up watching that, absolutely terrific

Charlifarley
16th February 2011, 03:48 PM
It cheered me up watching that, absolutely terrific

I was thinking about Beans, and how brilliant she is. She kind of makes up for all the negative health related things we read and hear about all the time. She is a great example of a Cavalier puppy.
It's just great that our Cavaliers can shine in many other ways.:lotsaluv:

Margaret C
16th February 2011, 06:03 PM
A real little Star.

Congratulations, She looks so happy to be doing this with you.

renate
16th February 2011, 07:22 PM
thanks for all the nice comments:D
beansy is a little star, happy, funny and very eager to work. exactly what i had hoped for in a puppy. :)

she did this kind of heelwork sinde she was about 4 months old. i really love working with her.
here some of her 'normal' heelwork. she works without verbal cues, treats, comments or luring.
her cue for starting to walk is my ribcage expanding on inhale, we take the first step on exhale. for turns and direction changes she focuses on my left leg. if i move forward with the right leg first, she just stays in a 'stand' position.

isn't she clever...? :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nExpsKp4Nok

Kate H
16th February 2011, 07:53 PM
Renate wrote: exactly what i had hoped for in a puppy

But then you did your homework and were prepared to wait for exactly the puppy you wanted (and if I remember rightly, travelled some distance to get her) - so glad she has worked out. Pity more Cavalier owners don't take so much trouble.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Tania
17th February 2011, 03:22 PM
How fantastic, I really enjoyed watching, thank you for sharing. :grin:

tara
17th February 2011, 04:00 PM
I LOVED watching that! Her tail never stopped wagging and the way she looked up at you made it obvious how much fun she's having. I have no idea how, but I want to try that with Holly!!!!

Cavaliers2kiss
17th February 2011, 09:03 PM
Thank you for sharing. You and Beans are absolutely amazing!

I loved the way she hugs up so close to your body and her paws on your feet at the end of the routine was adorable. She's a very smart little puppy that has a fabulous trainer!

Desrae
6th March 2011, 12:06 AM
Oh wow! That is so cool! It sure put a smile on my face, thank you for sharing. Beans is a star alright:-D

Mindysmom
6th March 2011, 01:55 PM
That is brilliant renate! Not only is Beans a star, you are a brilliant trainer. if only I had a little bit of rhythm and grace I think this would be great fun to train.

Desrae
7th March 2011, 08:47 PM
That is brilliant renate! Not only is Beans a star, you are a brilliant trainer. if only I had a little bit of rhythm and grace I think this would be great fun to train.

I wholeheartedly agreecl*p