• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bones

BrooklynMom

Do you give your Cavs bones? If so, what kind?

I am wondering what kind of bones (if any) to give my puppy (17 weeks old). I know no cooked bones and I know to always supervise. She loves to chew on bone type things (not interested in Nylabones at all), but I dont want to give her raw hide. Any advice would be so appreciated!

I think it's all down to what you feel comfortable with. Not everyone one likes to give bones. Personally I do, only because my last Cav wouldn't eat them and he had to have a few dentals in the 12 years we had him. I don't want to have to put my two through that if I can help it. I found a book in the library called raw meaty bones which is quite good. Have a read and see what you think. My two love chicken frames, Turkey necks and beef soup bones. All raw, like you say never cooked. Their teeth look great for it too. When they were younger I used to freeze their kibble in cup cakes with diluted stock and they loved it. I found sheep ears better than pigs as they were softer.

Back