• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The beach Lake Michigan Feb 15, 2011

Chuck

Hay no boats!

1FEB152011.jpg

No beach bunnies!

2FEB152011.jpg

Just great looking dogs!

3FEB152011.jpg

Hay are you going to toss it or what!!??

4FEB152011.jpg

Works for me!

5FEB152011.jpg

Wonderful photos, Chuck - thank you so much for sharing them with us.

I was very taken with the little message at the bottom of your signature. Would you mind if I posted it to a few of the rescue forums I belong to? They need all the moral support they can get at the moment as most of them are full to overflowing and the torrent shows no sign of diminishing, which is very sad :(

Wonderful photos, Chuck - thank you so much for sharing them with us.

I was very taken with the little message at the bottom of your signature. Would you mind if I posted it to a few of the rescue forums I belong to? They need all the moral support they can get at the moment as most of them are full to overflowing and the torrent shows no sign of diminishing, which is very sad :(

I stole it myself, but the author was not listed. I had to shorten it to fit the sig line.

"Shelter dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human, we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness by your side"

"Shelter dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human, we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness by your side"

Even better- the rescues will love it!

Just Googled the first line of this quote and got 66,300 hits - so guess it's pretty much all over the internet and a well-known quote. Have never come across it before myself.

Cooper and Nina live the best dog life (or perhaps even human life) I know! They always look like they're having a blast with you. You guys even make snow look like fun!!

Cooper and Nina live the best dog life (or perhaps even human life) I know! They always look like they're having a blast with you. You guys even make snow look like fun!!

Thanks Tara, don't you miss it! And you showed photos of the beach not long ago, something is different about yours! :p

Ha, Chuck! You're right about our beach missing something. I don't miss the snow, but I think my human kids do. This lack of seasons thing takes some getting used to, that's for sure. I miss the beautiful colors of fall leaves. But ... I shouldn't complain much. The weather here has probably been a blessing for Holly's healing this winter. I think the cold would have made her hip feel pretty stiff.

I love the fact that, no matter the weather, you guys are out getting exercise. Cooper and Nina live quite the life!!

Snow! That wasn't snow, that was ice, LOL!!!

Great pictures Chuck! Looks like they were having a great time, and you too. Wondering if you're enjoying this last batch of snow dumped on us after the great melt off last week?

Cindy and Claire

Snow!
Wondering if you're enjoying this last batch of snow dumped on us after the great melt off last week?

Cindy and Claire

It was so unfair!!! Saturday we got out the jumps and weave poles,:paw::paw: and now they are burried under snow again! :-X

Hay no boats!

1FEB152011.jpg

No beach bunnies!

2FEB152011.jpg

Just great looking dogs!

3FEB152011.jpg

Hay are you going to toss it or what!!??

4FEB152011.jpg

Works for me!

5FEB152011.jpg

What can I say, the photos are absolutely stunning and capture beautifully the joy of your delightful Cavaliers :)

If only we could all meet up on the beach with our Cavaliers, the fun :cool::drivecar: times would be shared by owners and Cavaliers too.

They are lovely photos - I want to go there :p
Actually, there is a good chance I will :p:p:p
Its a toss up between Cape Cod and Lake Michicgan, we will have a week/ten days in August. I am at the planning stages so open to all suggestions. We will have a 17 y/o hormonal teenage boy to entertain, he likes golf and kayaking. We like walking and being on the beach. Last week I was looking at various places around Lake Michigan, and Grand Rapids was one of them - now I know why the name was familiar!

Back