• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do Your Cavs Like Kids?

Zumie05

I don't know if this is a common trait about Cavaliers, but Coco absolutely adores children. She loves meeting new people, but if there is a couple with a child, she will greet the child first.

The thing I love though is she acts very submissive to the kids, just the same way she behaves when meeting a new dog. Crawls up, rolls on her back, licking the face, and very gentle. With new adults she will try to jump on them, maybe to try to lick their faces too but does not act so submissive with them.

Does Coco think children are dogs lol??

Definitely!!! We just came back form the dog park and if he hears kids he goes straight for them and will sit right by their feet to be loved on.

That's the same with our Belle, her bum starts swingin' when she spots a child, but sometimes if it's a little toddler, she'll be a bit careful, especially if they come at her with their hands. She's very friendly and gentle though! Bobby, on the other hand, needs to do a lot of sniffing before he makes his decision!:d*g:

Rose loves kids, but unfortunately, her first instinct is to jump and give kisses, no matter how small the child:lpy: (we're working on that...still. She's improved, but, she's still a puppy and still turns inside out in excitement about "new people", big or small). If there's more than one at a time though, she sits and flops and looks from kid to kid looking for the most likely lickable candidate.

Chamberlain loves everyone. He starts whining when they don't immediately run up to him and smoother him with kisses. I have to keep telling him that not EVERYONE is in love with him! :roll:

Our Sophie loves EVERYONE, from children to adults. It's a breed trait and a large reason I chose a Cavalier. Our son had just gotten married and there may be grandchildren in the future years, so I did not want a breed that was not child-friendly. I always let the neighborhood children pet and love on her when we're out walking.

Back