• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Transport: Dublin to the West or partway, for two smallies!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I have two dogs, the last of my rescue dogs, that need transport in the coming days if at all possible. One is going to County Clare, and one is going to Connemara. If someone can take one or both as far as Athlone that would be great, although they could also go to Galway, Lisdoonvarna, or anywhere on the road that heads up towards Connemara from Roscommon or Galway.

Neither of these is urgent, though it would help enormously if the dog going to County Clare could go tomorrow or Friday.

Alternatively, if someone has a suggestion of an easy place to pull off the road to meet people around Athlone let me know just in case I do this drive. I don't really know that area at all and basically just want an easy to find services right off the bypass.

Hi Karlin

I'm sorry I can't help with transport for these smallies at the moment.
A good area to meet up with someone is a just off the main N6 Dublin road just outside Athlone. The Creggan Court hotel is there, a service station with a deli, a macdonalds, toilets etc. It's well signposted and really easy to access and avoids having to go into Athlone town itself. Hope this helps!

Yes that's very helpful. If I can't sort out a lift for him I will likely do this myself tomorrow.

Is there anyone near Clonee or in Meath that has a crate they could lend for this transport? Needed by 7pm. :eek:

Back