• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Sweet Little Jenny is Gone and I am Heartbroken.

Jennys Mom

My Jenny was a sweet hearted, loving and beautiful little girl who passed away at home this Saturday. She had been diagnosed with CHF this February (Stage 3/4) and the medication she had been taking was working amazingly well. It was incredible to see my little Jen Jen happy and loving life again. Unfortunately, the new vet in the office decided to change her medication and take her off of her diuretic. Jenny was prescribed 2.5mg of Vetmedin per day given in two seperate 1.25mg doses. Sadly, the vet ordered 2.5mg capsules not 1.25mg. Immediately after the first pill Jenny went into distress. I took her to the vets and, despite her continued panting and laboured breathing which the vet said was stress from being at his office, she was sent home with me after a couple of shots. The vet said that Jenny was hypersensitive to the new medication and she needed to rest for a couple of days. But this was not to be. Jenny passed away not 15 minutes after we returned home from the vet's office. I am devestated by her loss.
My sweet little Jennifurry, I am a much better person for having loved you and having you love me.
God bless you Sweetie. You will always be in my heart.
xoxo
Mommy

I'm so very sorry for your loss. To lose your dog is absolutely heartbreaking but what happened to you is just shocking. You must understandably be very distressed and I hope you can find some comfort here.:flwr:

Have you made a proper complaint to the vets practice?

Oh dear, I'm so sorry for your loss.:hug:
You must be in such shock. I agree that it would be a good idea to make a formal complaint to the vet's office.
Rest in Peace Jenny.

Thank you for your kindness, Jane and Desrae. I haven't lodged an offical complaint yet. I am still struggling to deal with the loss of Jenny. Everywhere I turn, I expect to see her happy waggy little self but her absence now breaks my heart. Her loss has created such a void in, not only my life, but in the lives of my family and her brothers. It is so sad to see her brother, Cosby, wander around the house and the yard looking for her.
I still can't believe that she is gone. This is one of the most difficult things that I have ever had to go through and my anger with the vet makes it even harder. While I do know that the pain will ease, at this point it is raw and almost unbearable. I thank you for your support and I am so glad to know that there is a place like this where we can share our stories and our grief.

*ng*l Jenny ~ March 5th, 2011

Im so sorry to read your heart breaking story. Try and heal your emotions and then tackle the vets so they dont make the same devasting mistake with some one elses little one.

Sending hugs and best wishes your way:hug:

I am so so sorry to hear your heartbreaking story about Jenny. It is hard enough when any of our precious ones leave us but to have this happen under these circumstances must be devastating for you. :hug:

Try to remember the good memories and please share some pictures of her with us when you feel able to.

Hi, I too am really sorry to read about your lovely Jenny. What a devastating thing to happen. :hug: and :flwr:
Hard as it is right now, make sure you have written down everything that happened while it is still fresh in your mind. Then, when you feel strong enough, you will have the facts to hand.

Really sorry to hear of your sudden loss. There is never a good time to lose a loving companion, and my heart goes out to you. The whole mixture of feelings is really hard to get over, especially in your circumstances. I am a fairly mild mannered liberal guy, and I hate the blame / compensation culture that has spread, but when you have calmed down enough to think logically and rationally, I would suggest you raise your complaint with an independant group. If nothing else, it will be a lasting legacy to Jenny's memory, it won't help you, but it may help put systems in place to stop this happening again.
Give Cosby a extra big cuddle, it is amasing how our dogs pick up the emotions of the house, and that little wet nose forcing its way under my hand, 'demanding' a stroke and attention, always brings a little smile, no matter how down I am. Kind regards Steve and Lyn

My heart goes out to you so much- to lose your beloved pet is hard enough, but under those circumstances it must be devastating. I think Charlifarley suggestion of writing it all down now - if you can bear it- is a very good one, it may prove very useful.
I am so so sorry for you and your family.

I am so very sorry
Life's Eternal Song

I hold you 'till Life's Breath is gone
I cry for all I'm worth
Even though I know we share a memory
Of you and I on Earth.

As I sit upon the windowsill
Looking out into the rain
There's still a brightness in the sky
That clears away the pain

As I look into the Heavens
I feel that you are gone
But I know that you are there with God
Singing Life's Eternal Song

---Aileen

My heart goes out to you. What an awful thing to deal with. Make sure when you feel up to it you make a complaint to that vets office.

I am so shocked at what has happened, you must be so traumatised. even so it is as others said important to write down clearly at what happened and when you feel able take professional advice about what to do.

So sorry for your loss and in the circumstances angry for you as well.

:( What a tragedy. I can't imagine how you must be feeling at the sudden loss of your precious Jenny. My deepest sympathy to you and all who loved her. :hug:

attachment.php
A little picture of my sweet, silly little girl Jenny.

I am so sorry for your loss. I loved seeing the little picture of Jenny, she looks beautiful in it. May she rest in peace.

I know that no words can truly comfort the heart when one of our precious ones is taken so suddenly.

I pray that as time passes you will be able to think of her and smile once again.

Cindy and Claire

I am so very sorry for your loss and the horrible circumstances surrounding it. I hope time brings you some healing and that you can remember all the good times with your Jenny.

This is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your loss.

As other have said, it is always difficult when a pet passes, but under these circumstances .... I can't imagine what you must be feeling!

Back