PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wales

EmmaP
14th March 2011, 09:34 PM
Hello. I have just joined today and am still trying to find my way around. I wrote a message but now I can't find it so I will try again.
I have just got my first Cavalier. His name is Charlie. I live in Wales and had to be very careful not to buy a puppy from a puppy farm. Luckily someone gave me the name of a good breeder in England and although I had really wanted to have a little blenheim girl I had a boy instead as Charlie's breeder said that boys were just as loving and gentle as girls. I am sure that this is true as Charlie is so sweet and loving and very playful as well. He just loves to sit on my lap and be cuddled.
I have been reading about the brain disease. I hope Charlie will never have it. I couldn't bear anything to happen to him. Even though I have only had him for three days I love him so much already.
Emma

emsley
15th March 2011, 01:06 PM
Hi Emma
and welcome from a South Walian!
This site is great for cav owners, there is so much info and so many knowledgeable people.
Cavaliers are such very dear little dogs, it's such a shame so many suffer with their health.
Charlie sounds lovely, how old is he?

allie
15th March 2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Emma and Charlie icon_welcome I know what you mean about falling in love immediately. When I got my first Cavalier home I lay down on the floor and she climbed on my head - I was smitten :luv:

Jasperxxgabby
15th March 2011, 07:18 PM
Hi Emma and Charlie :)
icon_welcome

EmmaP
15th March 2011, 08:36 PM
Charlie went to the vet today to have his first injection. The vet seemd very pleased with him and said he was a nice healthy little puppy. I didn't know that cavvies had so many problems. His breeder told me all about the brain thing but said I wouldn't need to have him tested for it as he was only a pet and his Mum and Dad don't have it so she hoped that he would be ok too. She said to have his heart checked every year. I have known other cavaliers but they all seem to have lived a long time, like 12 or 13 years. There was one who lived next door to us who died of a heart attack when she was 12 but she was very fat so I guess it was a strain on her heart.
I have read lots of scary things and really hope that Charlie will be alright. I wish now I had listened a bit more carefully to what his breeder said but I was so thrilled with Charlie and just wanted to cuddle him and didn't take in everything she said.
Emma

EmmaP
15th March 2011, 08:37 PM
I forgot to say that Charlie is nearly 10 weeks old.
Emma

Jasper and Holly
15th March 2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome Emma and Charlie,
You will find this is a great site and the people are very helpful and friendly. You will have lots of fun with Charlie they are the best dogs.