• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Wales

EmmaP

Hello. I have just joined today and am still trying to find my way around. I wrote a message but now I can't find it so I will try again.
I have just got my first Cavalier. His name is Charlie. I live in Wales and had to be very careful not to buy a puppy from a puppy farm. Luckily someone gave me the name of a good breeder in England and although I had really wanted to have a little blenheim girl I had a boy instead as Charlie's breeder said that boys were just as loving and gentle as girls. I am sure that this is true as Charlie is so sweet and loving and very playful as well. He just loves to sit on my lap and be cuddled.
I have been reading about the brain disease. I hope Charlie will never have it. I couldn't bear anything to happen to him. Even though I have only had him for three days I love him so much already.
Emma

Hi Emma
and welcome from a South Walian!
This site is great for cav owners, there is so much info and so many knowledgeable people.
Cavaliers are such very dear little dogs, it's such a shame so many suffer with their health.
Charlie sounds lovely, how old is he?

Hi Emma and Charlie icon_welcome I know what you mean about falling in love immediately. When I got my first Cavalier home I lay down on the floor and she climbed on my head - I was smitten :luv:

Charlie went to the vet today to have his first injection. The vet seemd very pleased with him and said he was a nice healthy little puppy. I didn't know that cavvies had so many problems. His breeder told me all about the brain thing but said I wouldn't need to have him tested for it as he was only a pet and his Mum and Dad don't have it so she hoped that he would be ok too. She said to have his heart checked every year. I have known other cavaliers but they all seem to have lived a long time, like 12 or 13 years. There was one who lived next door to us who died of a heart attack when she was 12 but she was very fat so I guess it was a strain on her heart.
I have read lots of scary things and really hope that Charlie will be alright. I wish now I had listened a bit more carefully to what his breeder said but I was so thrilled with Charlie and just wanted to cuddle him and didn't take in everything she said.
Emma

Welcome Emma and Charlie,
You will find this is a great site and the people are very helpful and friendly. You will have lots of fun with Charlie they are the best dogs.

Back