PDA

View Full Version : Liliput a rescued cav

Sydneys Mom
18th March 2011, 08:52 PM
Not sure if this it the appropriate place to post this, so please forgive me. I'm still in tears reading about this poor little girl. I'm so sad and angry that she has had to endure this. Please read her story and help if you can.

http://www.cavalierrescueusa.org/component/k2/item/344-lilliput-in-kernersville-nc.html

Rubysmum
18th March 2011, 10:11 PM
so sad to read this . :(

Wagtails
19th March 2011, 12:08 PM
Oh my, what a terrible story. Have sent a small donation, but the really worrying thing is for all the others who never make it out of the harrowing prisons that are puppy mills http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Cryingblues.gif

susandavis1
19th March 2011, 01:15 PM
Words just escape me :(

Desrae
21st March 2011, 08:58 PM
Words just escape me :(

same here...

emmastewartliberty
22nd March 2011, 10:18 AM
Me too- I look at Tilly, who came from a puppy farm and can hardly bear to think what she went through. We have to do something to try and stop these terrible terrible places. Does anyone know what the state of play here in Ireland with the dog breeding establishments bill that got the chop before the election?

Desrae
22nd March 2011, 10:03 PM
Me too- I look at Tilly, who came from a puppy farm and can hardly bear to think what she went through. We have to do something to try and stop these terrible terrible places. Does anyone know what the state of play here in Ireland with the dog breeding establishments bill that got the chop before the election?

Good question, I don't know... I might do a bit of research and maybe find out. I would really like to take massive action on this, such as do a big protest or raid a puppy farm (I'm all about drama, lol). Anyway, I really want to sock it to these people, it would be great to have something like animal cops in Ireland. I want to help, but letter writing and petitions isn't enough for me, I want to do more, but I don't know where to begin!

susandavis1
23rd March 2011, 12:09 AM
I don't believe the dog breeding commencement act was signed before the government was dissolved so I imagine it will sit at the new minister's desk (Phil Hogan) until or if he decides to sign it. Unfortunately, I read some bad news in our local newspaper. The new junior minister for agriculture is our local politician and he gave an interview this week saying that it has been agreed between Fine Gael & Labour to overturn the stag hunting ban :yikes. He wants the hunt to 'continue to exist and prosper' :bang::bang: . Given this apparent stance on hunting, I can't see that the new government will be too concerned about implementing the dog breeding act. :x I live in hope.........

Here's the link anyway: http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2011/03/16/4003752-new-junior-minister-says-hunt-ban-will-be-reversed-/

emmastewartliberty
23rd March 2011, 10:13 AM
Thank you for the link, Susan, I'll check it out. I think the protest idea is a good one- i think anything we do should be legal, otherwise we could be in trouble - in all sorts of ways. I will write some letters and let you know if and when I get any response. Maybe a petition could be a start at least, though sometimes I feel they just 'file' them straight in the bin
It's just awful about the stag hunting- I'd heard that too and had hoped it was just a rumour.

*Pauline*
23rd March 2011, 11:07 AM
Oh my goodness, apart from all the other issues, she had 22 teeth pulled.

Sydneys Mom
23rd March 2011, 03:35 PM
I knew people here would be just as outraged as I was. I'm always saddened by the cruelty some dogs have to live through. But sometimes there is the one that really tugs at my heart strings....this one did.

Thank you to all that read her story and was touched by it. Thank you to those who helped by sending good wishes and prayers, and thank you to those who may have been able to donate to her medical fund. All of you are special.