• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is Vitamin E dangerous??

The 2004 study is infamous - similar to the recent junk science report that diet coke increases rate of stroke and heart disease deaths. I remember it being debunked right after it came out.

Did you read the second link which refutes the first link?

Pat

Thanks for responding- I am looking into reading more about it. It just seem's like everytime you think you are doing something right someone comes along and tells you it's wrong! I noticed in the 2nd link they said the recommended dose for humans is only 20 IU's a day. Is 200 IU's for an 11lb dog too much then..?

Thanks for responding- I am looking into reading more about it. It just seem's like everytime you think you are doing something right someone comes along and tells you it's wrong! I noticed in the 2nd link they said the recommended dose for humans is only 20 IU's a day. Is 200 IU's for an 11lb dog too much then..?

If any of those warnings were true I and all my dogs would have been dead years ago. I have been taking 200 IUs daily for 30 years or more and am sound in heart and limb. I have been giving the dogs the same dose every second day. They are still here, happy and healthy. Despite the prophets of doom so far my dogs have lived to 13 1/2, 15, 15, almost 17 and 15. Only Hattie failed to make double figures, for entirely different reasons.

Never forget there are lies, damned lies and statistics. :bang:

Back