PDA

View Full Version : Rocky and CHF

SASS
23rd March 2011, 07:49 PM
My cavalier Rocky is in advanced stages of CHF and I has recently been prescribed Moduret - a diuretic medication - to run alongside his many others. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this medication. I am new to this site so not sure if this query has been raised before. Thanks

Karlin
23rd March 2011, 11:26 PM
Hi and welcome. :)

I haven't heard of that medication before (which is another diuretic) but see that it is mentioned in this article (which looks quite interesting for anyone treating MVD in a cavalier, if very technical):

http://dogblog.zhuzhy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/mvd.pdf

Pat
24th March 2011, 01:20 AM
Triple diuretic therapy (with hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide and spironolactone) is a very old treatment for refractory heart failure. (Refractory means that the current meds aren't working to keep the symptoms under control.) These are three diuretics that work in different ways. (I am using US spellings for drugs.)

It appears that Moduret is a "quadruple" diuretic therapy adding another drug similar in action to spironolactone.

Are you working with a cardiologist?

Pat

smarsden99
25th March 2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Sass,

There is an entry under 'Kennedy has MVD' and the owner is now using Moderet. Might be worth a read.

www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?34952...has-MVD

Take care
Sharon and Scooby