• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Which country are you in?

Kate H

I know not everyone wants to put their town on the forum, but please could you put your country? It's sometimes very difficult to exchange information or offer advice if you don't know whether the person concerned lives in the UK, the US, Australia, or anywhere else in the world! Recommended foods aren't always available, KC/AKC regulations vary, medicines go under different names, etc, etc.

How do people feel about it?

Kate, Oliver and Aled

PS Oops, just realised I haven't got UK on my posts!!!

I too think that is an excellent idea, Kate.

Is there anyway it can be made compulsory to include at least a country when people first register with CT?

Lets Be Careful Out There:

Those who read that 'other' Forum will know that someone took it upon himself to use Google and Google Street View to view the properties and outbuildings of people he suspected of puppy farming. Sorry, but after seeing that, I am very cautious about publishing any other information about myself or my dogs on this or any other 'open' List.

I think we should all remember that there are some pretty creepy people at large on the internet, not all of them having innocent motives for being there.

That's a good point Flo - I live in a very small village so it would not be difficult for someone to find me - there is also the huge issue of dog theft these days :(

If you go to the top left corner, under settings, you can edit your profile to show where you live - as you can see I have given an approximation without being too precise - I don't think we can force people to do it but it is helpful so it's something we can ask when new people post.

I never suggested adding more than country (in fact I carefully acknowledged that many people don't want to put town). I think it would be quite difficult to track down a specific dog or owner from the initials UK :badgrin:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I Agree

I am from the USA and some of the info I get is from other countires and it is kind of confusing. So anyway, I am Karen and Churchill is my cav. I would like to talk to you if you want.

Back