PDA

View Full Version : Cav & Cav x in Ashton Pound (Dublin 15)

Dublin
29th March 2011, 07:30 PM
Theres a Cav & a Cav x in Ashton pound right now.

I met the x (looks like a black & tan x maybe yorkie?) a few days ago as he was brought to Dogs Trust by mistake as the finder thought we took strays & he seemed like a lovely little fella, a little nervous, but liked a cuddle!

Also a Blenheim male surrendered in today so needs out Asap!

Dublin
29th March 2011, 07:32 PM
I believe the cav x needs out from tomorrow - 30th march

Karlin
29th March 2011, 07:41 PM
I have posted on the Blenheim male as well in a separate thread (the one asking for foster for an 18-month-old dog–he is actually 14 months). He also is at immediate risk–this is a kill pound, and surrenders can be put down immediately. While the pound staff are very good and are trying to find him a rescue space, this dog is in no way safe until he is physically out of the pound. Further information on my separate post on this dog.

Dublin
29th March 2011, 09:00 PM
I was hoping we might be able to takw him but we're literaly out the door with dogs at the mo - think we're almost up to 200!!!!!

Henry11
29th March 2011, 09:35 PM
According to their Facebook page, the Blenheim has a new home? B&T not ready to be re-homed yet seemingly.

Karlin
29th March 2011, 09:38 PM
No, he will hopefully be sorted through rescue –I am working with the pound. We had thought he had a space sorted but he doesn't. They generally will place dogs like this out to rescue because they are at risk when they are not neutered. Some dogs will not be released for homing if the pound thinks there's a chance they can locate the owner–sometimes they are waiting to get a reply.

Dublin
31st March 2011, 04:29 PM
Theyve said the B&T is a bit snappy, i met him before he went to the ppund & he was fine, id say hes terrified poor baby.

lorebringer
31st March 2011, 07:09 PM
Both Cavaliers are now out of Ashton, I think the B&T was reclaimed and the other is out and safe.

Karlin
31st March 2011, 09:58 PM
The blenheim is with Irish cavalier rescue under the new group. :)

lorebringer
1st April 2011, 10:11 PM
Fantastic!