• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Got Ebony home from surgery

Sabby

We goy Ebony back home about 7.30pm.
The operation went well but as it should have been done earlier the arthritis has already set in and she has hardly got any cartilage left in her knee. Where the knee was popping in and out it has worn out the cartilage. The surgeon said that she might have to be on pain medicine for the rest of her life. I am crying while I am writing this as I feel so guilty. My previous vet didn’t think of it being a big deal even when I saw him in February he didn’t know if the operation needed doing. I then changed vets. But from the end of last year I had a niggling feeling that something was not right. I wish know that I followed my instincts I might have saved her from the arthritis.

Otherwise she had a comfortable night. She was very sleepy from the morphine and anaesthetic, but she managed to hop on three legs and do her things in the garden. My husband had to carry her in and out, and she had some chicken. We got three lots of tablets to give her and we are doing icepacks 3 times a day.

Thank you again for thinking of us.

I'm sorry to hear this Sabby - thank goodness she is safely through the operation.

Try not to feel too guilty, you acted correctly in raising the matter with your vets but were obviously given wrong advice.

We do hope Ebony will make a good recovery and it might be worth considering some joint supplements for her?

You can help support her by looping a towel around under her belly and holding both ends - just gives that extra support for walking.

I'm sorry to hear this Sabby - thank goodness she is safely through the operation.

Try not to feel too guilty, you acted correctly in raising the matter with your vets but were obviously given wrong advice.

We do hope Ebony will make a good recovery and it might be worth considering some joint supplements for her?

You can help support her by looping a towel around under her belly and holding both ends - just gives that extra support for walking.

Thanks Nicki

I will start her on Flexi Joints by VetVits it has got Glucosamine, Chondroitin and Ester -C

Is there a better product on the market?

Hello Sabby

Pls don't remotely feel guilty ,you are one of the best Cavalier carers here .Little Ebony
with you will soon be back to her normal self and bouncing around as before so just you carry on what you do perfectly well and thats take loving care of your Cavaliers like you always have .:)

Got ebony home from surgery

Hello Sabby

Pls don't remotely feel guilty ,you are one of the best Cavalier carers here .Little Ebony
with you will soon be back to her normal self and bouncing around as before so just you carry on what you do perfectly well and thats take loving care of your Cavaliers like you always have .:)

GOT EBONY HOME FROM SURGERY

Sabby ,

Glad that Ebony is Home ,but don't blame your-selve for her Arthritis,we all put our Trust in the Vets for our 4 Legged Friends.

Bet

Dear Sabby, please dont feel guilty you couldnt have known or done more than you have, you were simply given the wrong advise & we can only put our trust in our vet.Its so hard sometimes & our little ones cant tell us whats wrong. I still feel terrible that if it hadnt been for PDE & then finding CT id have still been in the dark regards Rubes SM.

Im glad Ebonys home safe & sound,give her a love from us

Sabby,
We all just do the best we can...
I'm glad she's home and hopefully on the way to recovery.
The worst part is over and things can only get better.
Sins

Glad Ebony is home, please don't be hard on yourself, you were only following advice and lets be honest we trust what our vets advise:hug:
Thinking of you and Ebony:flwr:

So glad to hear Ebony is back home where she belongs - her recovery will be miuch quicker now she has you and all her familiar surroundings.

As everyone else has said, Sabby, please don't beat yourself up about this. Nobody could be more caring than you are and sometimes we just have to face what comes and do the very best we can. Ebony will soon improve, I'm sure - they don't sulk or agonise about what might have been, like WE tend to do.

Lots of luck for the next few trying days and do keep us in the picture, won't you? :wggle:

Sabby, so pleased to hear Ebony is back home with you and the surgery was successful. Don't feel bad about the arthritis setting in, you can only do what your vet recommends. At least you did do the right thing and changed vets and have got her treated before it got any worse. :hug:

Glad she is safely home with you.

Don't feel bad. You are a loving owner who took the expert's advice. You could not have done more.

Awww, poor you, poor Ebony! But, you know, you only did what you had information on, and your Vet was wrong.

Glad you are using the Glucosamine with Chondrotin, as the Chrondotin is what delivers the Glucosamine to the joints.

Good to hear she is home!

Back