• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ruby growled at me !

Rubysmum

ruby just had her booster :( and her glands emptied :( not a happy bunny .. she asleep on the couch and i just forgot and stroked her head , must have touched the site and she growled at me ! bless her she is the sweetest tempered dog so must have been sore for her to do that . also plucked up the nerve to book her in for her baby tooth out on tuesday . am so not looking forward to leaving her there will be a wreck till shes home :lpy: ..

She sounds like she was a little uncomfortable–hope she is feeling better now. :flwr: How old is she again? Is it really felt that she needs to go in to have a single tooth removed? Usually they will just come out on their own–unless there is a serious dental issue, I wouldn't put a dog in and under anaesthesia just for a tooth–it is different if for example a dog is going in to be spayed or neutered which is when they often will also take out baby teeth if needed. But just supplying plenty of good hard chews tends to take those baby teeth out eventually without the cost or need for a general anesthetic.

hi karlin think shes much better now ,thank you.. shes 18 months and the tooth seems stuck fast even though shes always had plenty of chew toys and games. i have been umming and ahhing for ages as i hate the idea of her going in for it . i already feel like i need a sedative myself lol. its just she has tarter growing round the area too, despite me brushing them and the vet said its because the teeth are too tight . also she licks her lips a lot, i know its a sign of nausea but am now wondering if her teeth are uncomfortable and this would relieve it . ? is 18 months still too early and would you say give it more time ...

That's fairly old, I thought she was younger, so yes, you probably do need to get it out. If it is putting pressure on her other teeth, then that is a factor and the lip licking may be related to discomfort. It is actually often a sign of anxiety or nervousness rather than nausea (I have never heard it connected to nausea myself). But it is also associated with pain or it can just be an obsessive-compulsive behavior so it is really hard to say that it is directly connected to any one thing.

Ah bless her it can bit alittle tender after having an injection. I can remember one of ours crying the day they were microchipped because we forgot ourselves and stroked them on the back of the neck! Although they are a lot thicker than an injection.
Naughty mummy! :roll:

That's fairly old, I thought she was younger, so yes, you probably do need to get it out. If it is putting pressure on her other teeth, then that is a factor and the lip licking may be related to discomfort. It is actually often a sign of anxiety or nervousness rather than nausea (I have never heard it connected to nausea myself). But it is also associated with pain or it can just be an obsessive-compulsive behavior so it is really hard to say that it is directly connected to any one thing.

yes, the vet ,who i trust and has seen ruby from day one ,thinks its better done .i also just want to rule everything out as regards the lip licking . she has a nasal drip sometimes too so she may be just wiping her nose- allergy maybe.. shes a really happy relaxed little dog and has no other symptoms of anything amiss . will get the tooth out with any luck she will feel better..

Ah bless her it can bit alittle tender after having an injection. I can remember one of ours crying the day they were microchipped because we forgot ourselves and stroked them on the back of the neck! Although they are a lot thicker than an injection.
Naughty mummy! :roll:

lol i know i was mortified .. and so was she she kept trying to say sorry with big kisses bless her .:lotsaluv:

Back