• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bailey might have cancer.

kimy27

Bailey was at the vet hospital yesterday getting some tests done as she keeps getting recurrent urine infections which my vet couldn't get to to the bottom of.

The investigation showed that she had a number of abnormalities, one being a chronic infection and the other being either a tumor or a polyp in her bladder.

She is having an operation today to remove the tumor and get it tested. I am hoping it is just a polyp but after doing some research it seems that polyps are very rare and malignant tumors are much more common :(.

Oh no, I am really sorry to hear this. You must be so worried waiting for the results of the biopsy. Fingers crossed that it turns out to be a polyp. How soon will they be back to you with the results?

Sorry to hear this. You must be worried sick. I'll have everything crossed that Bailey will be ok.:hug:

Yes, I am worried sick. She is only 4 years old. I really wasn't expecting it to be anything serious so I was so shocked when I got the phone call. She isn't due to get the surgery until later this afternoon so I probably won't know anything until this evening. I am hoping they will have the results tonight but it will probably be a couple of days.

oh bless you i really hope it turns out ok . 4 seems young to have cancer ,hopefullly it is something they can treat .. my cat had a blood tinged wee last night but shes 15 -,when she was 4 she weed blood and it was an infection , cystitis but this time im thinking its not treatable ,taking her the vets stresses her big time so im just keeping a close eye for the time being . all the best to you and bailey xx

So sorry to hear that, you must be very worried.:hug: Hope everything goes ok for both of you. Please update us as soon as you can

We're also holding you and Bailey close in our hearts and hoping that you will get the results quickly - the waiting and the uncertainty are really terrible.

Don't go by statistics though - when I was very ill many years ago, I remember a doctor telling me that an "average" was only based on a range of possibilities from 0 to 100% and nobody could say whereabouts on that range I was placed. As I'm still here to tell the tale, it obviously was not worth worrying myself about!

Last edited:
I've had a call from the vet and it wasn't very good news :(. He said her little bladder is covered in either tumours, cysts or polyps. We won't have the results for 3-5 days. I'm just so upset. I'm worried that even if it isn't cancer they won't be able to do anything because there are so many of them. He said he has never seen anything like it before. I just feel so bad for my poor girl. I really hate not knowing.

So very sorry to hear this news - not what you wanted to hear :(

It's going to be an agonizing wait for you for the next few days but we are all thinking of you and have paws crossed that they will be able to help Bailey.

Take care

Sorry to read about the results. Hopefully it isn't as serious as it could be. We will keep everything crossed for you both here too. :hug:

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this.I wish there was something we could do to make the waiting easier...thinking of you and Bailey and hoping for the best.
Sins

Like others have said, I'm so sorry to hear what you and Bailey are going through. I'm thinking of you and hope for some good news soon. Were they able to take out all those polyps/tumors, etc. from her bladder? Or did they just take some biopsies of them?

Thanks everyone.

Like others have said, I'm so sorry to hear what you and Bailey are going through. I'm thinking of you and hope for some good news soon. Were they able to take out all those polyps/tumors, etc. from her bladder? Or did they just take some biopsies of them?

No, he said there were too many to take them all out. He has taken a sample to be biopsied.

i am so sorry you havent had better news . hoping theres still something they can do when they know exactly what theyre dealing with x

Back