• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grey hair?

Not sure exactly. Sydney started getting some white around his eyes a few years ago and the red on his coat seems to have lightened a bit. He's 11 now, but still has. I imagine, just like with humans, it varies from dog to dog.

Just to add, there is a forum here with cavalier golden oldies. Lots of picture there.

My Jasper started going a little white around the eyes during his 10th year, he has just celebrated his 11th birthday.

Good question, but I'm going to put the cat among the pidgeons!! Trapper started to go grey last year, around the muzzle - he was only 6 then. :( it's kind of cute to see it, but it makes him look older than he actually is. Hmmm I wonder what age his father went grey :confused:

Thanks for the replies! According to the age given when we rescued her, Kizzy would now only be 5.5 years old. However, she started to get white hair around her eyes (she is a blenheim) last year so I would guess she's slightly older. She is still very sprightly though and loves sprinting at the start of a walk (followed by trotting along beside you for the rest of the walk :smile:)

Back