• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Never has an award been more deserved.

Margaret C

http://www.vetsonline.com/actualites/detail/38250-revues-1/bsava-awards-recognise-outstanding-contributions.html

J.A. WIGHT MEMORIAL AWARD : Clare Rusbridge
This award is presented annually by the Blue Cross animal welfare charity and takes the form of an inscribed figure and a cheque. The award celebrates the memory of Alf Wight, otherwise known to millions as the fictitious James Herriot, and is awarded to recognise outstanding contributions to the welfare of companion animals.
.............................................................................................

I first met Clare in 2002, and I know that this award has been given to a compassionate, caring, and really remarkable woman.

Clare's Mother, Penny Knowler, is another wonderful friend to our breed.
When the genes for CM & SM are identified, it will be in a great part due be due to her many years of back room work.

If cavaliers do have a future it will be because of these two wonderful women.

That's wonderful news and so well deserved. Clare is indeed a remarkably kind and compassionate lady. Not only does Clare work for the future of the breed, she takes very good care of many of the Cavaliers owned by members of this forum.

Never has an award been more deserved

http://www.vetsonline.com/actualites/detail/38250-revues-1/bsava-awards-recognise-outstanding-contributions.html

J.A. WIGHT MEMORIAL AWARD : Clare Rusbridge
This award is presented annually by the Blue Cross animal welfare charity and takes the form of an inscribed figure and a cheque. The award celebrates the memory of Alf Wight, otherwise known to millions as the fictitious James Herriot, and is awarded to recognise outstanding contributions to the welfare of companion animals.
.............................................................................................

I first met Clare in 2002, and I know that this award has been given to a compassionate, caring, and really remarkable woman.

When the genes for CM & SM are identified, it will be in a great part due be due to her many years of back room work.

NEVER HAS AN AWARD BEEN MORE DESERVED

Can I echo Margaret's Post.

Yes the Cavalier Breed has so much to be indebted to Clare For.

If I may be allowed to say she sure is a Remarkable Lady to have with-stood the Brick- Backs Hurled at her by some Cavalier Breeders and not to have Walked away.

Bet.

This is wonderful news - a reflection of the dedication of more than 10 years to help the Cavalier breed and solve the complexities of CMSM. Clare and Penny both.

I wonder how many Cavalier breed clubs around the world will offer their thanks and congratulations to Clare? A huge bunch of flowers would be nice.

And to add a personal note, Clare's care and treatment of Rosie, who developed SM at an early age, has meant that there has been minimal progression of SM. Rosie was MRI scanned at Stone Lion a few weeks ago and the small cervical syrinx was as it was two years previously. Clare thought that as Rosie is now eight and a half years, it would be unlikely to progress further. An unexpected joy and relief for me.

Carol

So well deserved! Dr Rusbridge has been in contact with my vet here in South Africa and has helped to adjust Jade's meds. She has been so supportive and selfless - a true hero for all our cavs with SM!

That's fantastic news. It's great when work like that is recognised and awarded.
I never realised that Penny Knowler and Clare Rusbridge were mother and daughter.:sl*p:

I am so thrilled that Clare has received this well deserved award. She has helped so many individuals and groups and done so much to help both researchers and breeders and pet owners to better understand this painful disease that has become such a concern to all who love Cavaliers.

I first met Clare via e-mail, when she very kindly offered some guidance and support after I had my first two Cavaliers MRId and one was shown to have SM. Since then I have seen just how much she does behind the scenes for worried breeders and pet owners and how generous she's been with her time to them as well as with other researchers. She has been helpful in everything from getting a low cost scanning program set up in the US, to giving guidance to try to standardize the way MRIs are taken so that a more consistent result is achieved, to helping to establish an environment in which research results are shared to help a wider range of projects.

I know that many people, from breed clubs to breeders to pet owners, remain unaware of how much she has actually done and how pivotal in supporting a wide range of initiatives.

The great thing about this reward is that it really reflects the appreciation of a broad community of all those who care about animals and dogs, but also comes from the people well able to evaluate just how significant her impact has been not just with syringomyelia and Cavaliers, but with a number of difficult conditions in other dog breeds and in cats.

Congratulations, Clare! :jmp:

That is just fantastic news - congratulations to Clare - a very well deserved award.

Hi

What great news that they have been chosen, two amazingly wonderful Ladies, our Cavaliers are truly blessed to have them helping for which we are all eternally grateful.:D:D

Last edited:
Never has an award been more deserved

Hi

What great news they have been chosen, two amazingly wonderful Ladies our Cavaliers are truly blessed to have them helping us for which we are all eternity gatefull.:D:D

NEVER HAS AN AWARD BEEN MORE DESERVED.

May I mention on Jemima Harrison's Blog which has just appeared ,her Tribute to Dr Clare Rusbridge .

It was said before on this List that Clare has received one of the Most Prestigious Awards in the Veterinary Calender .

May I be Allowed to Mention how it has been so Noticeable the Silence from the Other Cavalier Forum about this Award that has just been given to Clare.

Also it was commented on Jemima Harrison's Blog , that Clare has been Meticulous and Unwavering in her Determination to Help Our Cavaliers , despite a Whispering Campaign Aimed at Discrediting Clare and her Research by a Small Minority of Cavalier Breeders who have Resented her Highlighting the SYRINGOMYELIA Problem in the Cavalier Breed.

Jemima Harrison goes onto say that she knows there have been times when Clare has been Upset about this , but it is Fantastic that she has been Recognised for Her Work by her Peers with this Important Award .

That there are Many Cavalier Pet Owners and Supportive Breeders who Recognise the Huge Debt of Thanks that they Owe Her.

Bet

Can't think how I missed this before, but I too am absolutely delighted with the award given to an amazing lady, without whom the world would be a much tougher place both for Cavaliers and their owners.

Congratulations.gif

Back